VSS wire location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSS wire location

I’m replacing the head unit on my Fortuner with a KENWOOD DDX919WS which requires a connection to the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) for wireless Apple CarPlay to work.

Apparently this should be one of the pins on a plug going into the stock head unit, but I’m trying to find out which one.

Can anyone help?
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Audio system with connectors.pdf here is the wiring diagram , not sure which is the VSS wire though , suspect its the Violet wire from the combimeter to the stereo
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

• mrh460
      mrh460 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve studied this diagram and I can see the wire you mentioned from the combimeter to the stereo.

Does the diagram indicate which pin it goes to on the stereo connector?

I’ve tried pin 17 (as suggested elsewhere), but this does does not seem to be the right one.

Thanks for that. I’ll take a look.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

According to a past post on the newhilux forum, the speed wire is purple on the g37 plug that goes into the stock head unit. This is for a hilux, but fortuners should be the same.
      can't take the credit for this as I'm only relaying someone else's information.
      silverfox

Comment

Thanks for that.

I just received this on Facebook, from someone whom I think posts here too. 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by White One View Post
          [ATTACH]n13449[/ATTACH] here is the wiring diagram , not sure which is the VSS wire though , suspect its the Violet wire from the combimeter to the stereo
          to decipher these diagrams , you need to know which radio system you have . in this case it could be any one of the 3 options listed on page 4 , in the writing just under the middle of the blue box. The connector number is in the circle ( A B C D E ) and the pin number is the number next to the circle. Each connector has a unique shape so you need to match your connector to the one shown at the bottom 6 pages.
          to make it more confusing you need to ensure you are looking at the rear or the front of the connector when comparing to the wiring diagrams.
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
          X