Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo Barrier

Hi there

Two questions for anyone with the cargo barrier installed.

1) Once installed can it be removed easily? Ideally I would like to put it in when required for weekends away and then remove when not needing it for a while to enable best access to 3rd row.

2) Anyone know if it is safe/legal and b) physically possible for a (small) person to fit in the 3rd row with the cargo barrier still installed should I not had the chance to remove it prior?

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by 4Tuner; 17-05-2016, 07:42 PM.
    Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

I have the genuine cargo barrier, did the install myself, wasn't fun...

The barrier is pretty straight forward to remove, 5 bolts - 3 in the floor and two at the top of the barrier. That then leaves 3 brackets on floor which I would leave in place. You will also have two metal straps running along the roof of the cargo area, I would remove these if using the 3rd row seats. They are bolted to the inside roof where the rear door hinges. Hopefully the pictures make more sense...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0214.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1520 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1521 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1522 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1523

Comment

appreciated - that gives me a good idea..

I spoke to some of the drawer manufacturers who suggested a half barrier (top only) fits with the drawers better so will also look into that.. not sure which make.

sounds like i should not try to install myself !

cheers

Comment

Anyone installed full length drawer setup WITH the cargo barrier yet? I don't think half barriers (to fit in with drawers) are available as far as i can work out.

Would love to see a photo!

Comment

Hi Gary

Still trying to sort out what cargo barrier i am going to install. Haven't found a half barrier as yet.

I just had another look at your photos. Could you let me know if you can you access the middle seatbelt for the 2nd row seats with the cargo barrier installed. It may be deceptive in the photo - but it looks like the middle seatbelt coming down from the roof is behind the cargo barrier, meaning you can't get to it. If that is the case it will not work for me.

Thanks for your info

Comment

Working...
          X