Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Cargo Barrier - Auto safe - Fortuner required in Melbourne

Hi All

I am looking to source a half cargo barrier. None available as yet that I have been able to find (let me know if you have located one).

I spoke with Max from Auto Safe - http://www.autosafe.com.au/

He said he will design a half barrier for the Fortuner - he just needs a car that he can use to measure it all up. He will measure up to make a full barrier at the same time if that is what you are after.

They are in Melbourne and I am in NSW so no good for me otherwise I would drop off my car.

But anyone in Melbourne or surrounds is looking for a barrier and can drop their Fortuner to be measured up that would be great.

Give Max a call

Autosafe Industries Pty Ltd
    4-6 Isa Way
    Boronia Victoria 3155 Australia
    Tel 03 9720 5533
    Fax 03 9720 1300
    Last edited by 4Tuner; 06-06-2016, 12:38 PM. Reason: p.s. they will need the car for a day or two in order to measure up
    Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

Left msg with Autosafe's Max about possibility of leaving my car to assist cargo barrier development - will report back when I have more details.

Comment

Thanks for the response..

Im yet to source a half barrier elsewhere and just waiting for one to be available.

Comment

Fortuner dropped off with Max / Sam for Autosafe to help develop full & half cargo barrier - will post pics and details when I get it back Thur/Fri.

Comment

• 4Tuner
          4Tuner commented
          Editing a comment
          Great thanks

Max and Sam at Autosafe (Boronia, VIC) agreed to make use of my Fortuner for 3 days to develop a suitable cargo barrier. The installation process went smoothly and Sam indicated the price is ~$600 (presumably full cargo barrier) but to confirm with an Autosafe dealer for an install quote.

I opted for half barrier to permit storage of large/long items and future drawer system. The barrier is anchored using third row handholds and seat floor brackets (note: the long plastic covers on the third-row seat brackets won't fit over the cargo bracket bolts without trimming the underside of the plastic cover) . Note a different mounting position would be required if third row seats are kept.

I can sandwich a removable layer of acrylic between the second row seat and bottom half of cargo barrier to avoid projectiles through the seat itself.

There is no rattle or noise, workmanship looks neat and rear-visibility is fine. Importantly cargo barrier can be neatly removed and original handholds restored if required.

Overall I'm happy with the result with increased sense of safety.

Comment

• artie22
          artie22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly what I have been looking for. That's brilliant. Did they remove the third row seats or did you do that?

Thanks for lending your car for a few days

Ill be ordering one next week.

For anyone interested i am told they can make them come down to whatever height you request and line up with shelves or platform

Great that it is easily removable

Comment

Conveniently barrier provides useful tie-off points !

Comment

Half cargo barrier (Autosafe brand) being installed Friday 8th by Off Road Systems (ORS) at Smeaton Grange NSW. The design will compliment & attach to the ORS rear drawers already fitted to my Tuner. Will post pics when the job's completed.

Comment

Half cargo barrier installed. Barrier cost $645 with $120 labour.

Comment

Working...
              X