Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Driving lights

Hi Guys,

Any suggestions on a decent pair of LED driving lights, 1 spot, 1 spread in a set that won't break the bank? I like the Lightforce 215, ARB intensity and Rigid ones, but they are north of 1000k.

I know the Aurora lightbars are supposed to be good value as well, but I prefer the traditional spotty look.

Any suggestions?
    Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Hi Shaun, I have been looking at Tuff Stuff led driving lights on eBay. They're 7" OSRAM LED spots 80watts , approx $200 shipped.

Comment

• Jncoxon27
      Jncoxon27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Get onto 4wdsupercentre.com.au they got some really good deals 9" led driving lights look exactly the same as the light force comes with wiring and clear spot and spread covers stainless mounting brackets there is also a test vid on there website.
      At the moment there $350 for the pair. Also be carful with a few of the cheaper light bars that claim they are water tight but are actual not. Think it was 4wd action did a test on a few. The big brands decline to participate in the test like rigid, Baja, x ray vision.. I like to see products getting tested so I know exactly what I am getting and spending my hard earned on. Will post some pics once all accessories are fitted.

Cheers thanks Kiat, I will have a look at those!

Comment

ops! just realised they're not combo. I found several other spotties but they're generic brands, don't now what LED used.

Comment

Also look at Korr Lighting...their spots and light bars are execellent quality....most AutoBarns will have a display at which you can test them. They are a bit pricey but a good piece of kit. That said...I'm yet to install addition driving lights to my Tuna.

Comment

Thanks Wiza, will go have a look at it this wkend.

Comment

Haven't fitted one to the Fortuner yet, but we got the one for our old Surf from Ali Express & it's been great. Can let you know the exact model if you want.
            Hubby replaced the switch and fitted it himself. (He's not allowed to drill holes in the fortuner dash, so we'll get the next on fitted by a pro.)

Shop the online stores on AliExpress.com to find reliable light bar for unbeatable, cheap prices

Comment

I bought these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331442080...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Lots of light bars have the 3w LED's but i did some hunting and found this with 5W. I believe they are making them with 10W now which is even better

They are pretty bright, unfortunately you cant really judge them unless you put them side to side with another type. I was happy as the mounts are rock solid (a friends light bar broke off after 2km of corrugated road), nice and slim, and easy to install (i used parts of the installed harness, but bought a switch that mounts into the switch panel near drivers door, i also ran the feed into the accessories fuse box)

The only down side is that the mounting holes on the Toyota bullbar are very close to the grill. I had to grind the heatsink fins about 5mm on the rear so it didnt rub on the toyota badge. Also, when mounted you cannot adjust the angle due to the minimal room. So its lots of setting it up, mounting it, testing, taking it off to adjust and remount again.

The switch i bought was from here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252167371...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the responses guys, I will have a look at those suggestions. I was always a bit sceptical about buying from ebay/aliexpress as sometimes you just never know what you are going to get but I am glad you guys have had good experiences, so I will definitely have a look.

Just wondering if you guys get hot spots or if they are pretty even in terms of light spread?

Comment

• Wiza
                  Wiza commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Shaun, just picked up a Korr XDS340 light bar....not installed yet so I can't report on spread and distance. I would like to know where the best spot will be to connect to the high beam wiring on the Fortuner? For those that already installed driving lights, a heads up will be appreciated. Regards

Hi all,
                I bought a deal with 4wd supa store and got 2 x 6" led light bars, 2 x 9" spot lights and a 22 " led light bar plus the wire harnesses for $370 delivered.

I have temporarily mounted the 2 x 6" led light bars behind the top grill before I get my roof rack and bull bar.

Will post photos when I get to the computer

Comment

Jus got the ironman led 7" blast combo spotlight. Getting about 500 to 600m in distance. Not quite sure bout spread but overall, really happy with them

Comment

Originally posted by Lrulz View Post
                    Hi all,
                    I bought a deal with 4wd supa store and got 2 x 6" led light bars, 2 x 9" spot lights and a 22 " led light bar plus the wire harnesses for $370 delivered.

I have temporarily mounted the 2 x 6" led light bars behind the top grill before I get my roof rack and bull bar.

Will post photos when I get to the computer
                    How have you found the 9" spot/driving lights from 4WD supa store? I just purchase a set with wiring harness before the price rise and with free shipping - $203 delivered. Is there enough cable on the harness due to the battery being on the passenger side of the car? Any issues getting the wiring through the firewall. Does the switch fit the blank? Sorry to ask so many questions! Cheers!

Comment

I installed Rigid D2 driving lights. Pretty good for their size. Got them in Amazon.

Comment

Late response I know but after some research I have purchased a set of Stedi LED driving lights. In video reviews they stack up against the big boys (ARB intensity and Lightforce 215) which are north of $1200 a set. The Stedi are $600 a set inclusive of wiring harness, not cheap but seem to have the goods at least on paper and in reviews. I am yet to fit them but will report back once I have.

Comment

• Eastie
                          Eastie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I went the same - you'll be happy!
                      Working...
                      X