Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhino Rack on GX - track mounts / Pioneer tray (prototype)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino Rack on GX - track mounts / Pioneer tray (prototype)

HI all, I had the vehicle at Rhino HQ as they played around with getting some track mounts engineered for the GX. I'm very pleased with the results.

Very nice! gbrought
    Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

do they have a release date at all for these. they look excellent

Comment

I see you have used 3 roof racks...... Is that purely for the weight of items going on the tray.... Or did Rhino suggest three for the best/ideal mounting....
        The crusade only has designated spots for 2 roof racks, so when I buy a rack do I need to match a single roof rack to the others??

Comment

• gbrought
          gbrought commented
          Editing a comment
          They are actually 3 mounting points, not full 'racks' / bars. What look like 3 cross bars are integrated in the pioneer tray. So, not sure in answer to your Crusade question.

Looks great. Going to S.A. & up to Kakadu in August & also interested in a release date if you have it. Rhino HQ in which state?

Comment

Just spoke to Rhino's office. No official release date as yet, but expects it to be in a month or so. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

Looks like the pioneer platforms are now up on the Rhino website for both the GXL / Crusade models.
            http://www.rhinorack.com.au/fit-my-c...usade-11-15-on

Comment

Wow, quite steep pricing from the Rhinos. And that does not include other attachments like rails, anchor points etc.

Comment

gbrought, is that the 1928 x 1236 platform? Do you think It is possible to fit a larger platform? Would be nice to be able to carry a 2400 x 1200 sheet with the side rail kit

Comment

Great! I kept the platform oft my jeep so now I can fit it to my tuner with some of these racks. Thinking of plasti dipping the platform as its plain aluminium. Flat black?

Comment

Hi gbrought,

Did you get an itemised list of what they fitted?

I just installed my tracks that I got with the vortex 2-bar kit, but I'd like to get a platform also.

It looks like the 1928x1236 pioneer platform, 6x RTL600 legs, some "quick mount heavy duty spacers" to adapt the legs to the platform, and by the looks, an additional levelling spacer on the frontmost legs?

Unfortunately rhino still haven’t put this up as a kit on their GX Fortuner page

Dave

Comment

Will post some pics after RLT600s are installed by Roof Rack Centre, Bulleen

Comment

Hi Dave, no the invoice is not 'itemised', sorry. They had to move the platform rack forward in order not to foul the back door opening AND the antennae. Apparently this was the trickiest part of the install. the tracks were easy by comparison. Yes, That size sounds right ... I did a quick measure and it was nearly 2 metres long. cheers, Geoff

Comment

Had my tracks installed Tuesday. Already had the bars so just needed the legs. With labour was $640 from ARB. I've spent a lot with them so I don';t know if this is the usual price or I got a discount. No discount mentioned on the invoice. Parts got were - quick mount 5mm spacer x 2 (no. RQMHD05); quick mount leg set x 4 (no. RRLT600); Fortuner track set (no. RTS544).

I'm now considering a Rhino pioneer tray, either the 1920x1400, or the 2120x1450. I prefer larger but as 'gbrought' indicates above, that'll depend on clearances.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010184 (960x1280).jpg
Views:	578
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2704

Comment

Ooops, sorry about the size of the photos. I knew I should've waited for my son to come home from work to upload them. DOH...

Comment

Working...
                            X