Drawer System from ORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawer System from ORS

Just got back from Off Road Systems at Smeaton Grange.

Very happy with the drawer system, fridge slide and power panel.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

looks awesome mate.
    Definitely something i'll be looking at in the near future,

Comment

Got my 2 drawer system & fridge slide from ORS today. Very pleased with the job, & also how flush they managed to get the side wings to the space / height created by my removing the 3rd row of seats.

Comment

Hi Guys

Can you tell me how the drawers are fixed to the floor? Do they use existing hole/fittings or has the floor been drilled?

Thanks

Comment

For mine they drilled 2 holes for fixing bolts.
          2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Looks good Anthony, How do you find the regular (non-drop) fridge slide at that height?

Comment

For mine they said they used the existing holes in the floor, & bolted the drawers into the captive nuts that were already there. The installer was quite clear that they don't drill holes, so between mrh460's drawers & mine, I dunno!! Maybe because our drawers are different set-ups they had to drill holes in mrh460's job?? I made my own drawers for my Patrol & in doing so pulled up the carpet & found existing holes which had captive nuts welded to the car. So I just bolted my home made drawers into the floor of the Patrol, & job done.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong about holes being drilled. I'll check tomorrow.

Comment

DaveC; I've a 60lt Evakool fridge & its tall compared to other 60lt fridges. It clears the roof line/tail gate opening easy. BUT, the lid doesn't lift up all the way & touches the tailgate, but not enough where its gonna worry me. If the tailgate opened up about 20-30mm more, the fridge door would open up all the way. Another 60lt fridge brand, eg WAECO, ARB, or ENGEL etc may not be as tall as mine, so it may not be a problem.

To test the final drawer set-up, I went to ORS with the fridge last week for a dry run. The boys put the floor packing in, sat drawers on top, a bit of carpet, then we put the fridge on top, to see we had clearance, & we did. A bit of a hassle for me going to & from ORS (I leave 10 minutes east of Sydney airport), but worth the effort in the long run. Hope this helps...

Comment

I have a 40L engel (the eclipse with side-opening lid like the evakool) so clearance shouldn’t be a problem. What about the height trying to peer into it and get stuff out? I'm fairly tall but my wife is not.. Could always buy a stool/step I guess

The drop slides, besides being expensive, weight over 30kg! I would like to avoid getting one of those..

Comment

Dave; I'm 173cm tall & standing on my toes can see into the fridge. If needed to I stand on the tow ball (& try not to slip), but a small step like they have at the 4WD / camping shows is on the cards! You're 100% correct re the weight of a drop down fridge slide. I discussed this with the ORS boys, & as the dry run of the fridge installation worked out fine, I went with the normal fridge slide set up.

The Fortuner isn't as big as a Cruiser, Patrol or Prado & I'm mindful of the GVM, so I'm trying to keep the weight down where I can, which is why I went for the aluminium drawers.

Comment

Working...
                      X