TJM suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJM suspension

I've been looking around for an upgrade kit. Looking at the OME stuff it seems to list the same parts as for the older Fortuner (South Africa) and asking at the local ARB store I was told there's no upgrade kit for the fortuner as yet.

Will hold off for a bit to see what else comes out as there's no rush but stumbled across this:
    http://www.tjmproducts.com/news/late...000-suspension

The also list the new alloy (signature) bar on that site, so a few more pics there:
    http://www.tjmproducts.com/news/3962...e-bar-fortuner

Hi,

I think ARB might be wrong there. Although the OME suspension selector shows a picture of an older fortuner, it definitely says 2015+, furthermore I think the older model had rear leaf springs, where the kit has coils. Finally, I think at least one member here has said they have the OME suspension kit!

edit: nice find on the TJM kit, looks good.

Dave

Comment

Check out the Dobinson MRR's. I just put a set in my Crusade and they are great. http://www.dobinsonsprings.com/mrr-shock-absorbers/

Comment

• NateMate
        NateMate commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey MDUB, it doesn't list the Fortuner on the Dobunson website. what did your lift set you back?Did you get the 50mm

Kzen, I've an OME 40mm lift kit. Got it from ARB at St Peters (Sydney). My Fortuner is a 2015 GX model. Anthony

Comment

That's strange. I asked for pricing on the sussy and dual batteries. Got a quote for dual batteries and was told other than that there was only the under vehicle protection available and he had thought the suspension upgrade was available but it wasn't on the system.

Looking into it I saw that the same shock part numbers were used as the old fortuner (90002 and 60077) and same coils too (2884, 2803). The vehicles are probably the same weight and same suspension geometry so it makes sense to reuse the same parts I guess.

How do you find the ride compared to stock Anthony?

Comment

Latest ARB magazine has some details of the OME nitrocharger suspension for the fortuner as well as the summit bar.

Comment

Kzen, sorry for the late reply. I like the ride compared to stock, bit a bit hard, to be expected as its more for off road/load use. If it helps the OME part nos. front shocks 90029; rear shocks 2802; front springs 2885; rear springs 60141; front camber height 397; rear camber height 446; trim packers OME95PF5. ARB also installed my dual battery kit.

ORS did my drawer set up, but 2 weeks before the job was done, I went to ORS to check out what they had & while there, I was happy for them take photos of my dual battery set up which I think they may have used as a guide for a job they had on another Fortuner. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Anthony, very useful.

I managed to find the press release for ARB Thailand based off those part numbers. Will try to give ARB a call again a bit later. For anyone else interested (Apologies if I post too many links):
              http://www.arb.co.th/site/wp-content...ension_EN1.pdf

Interesting that they opted to only lift the rear 25mm due to driveline vibration on higher lifts, and they still fit a spacer or realignment.

Comment

Hi,I have the TJM 50mm lift kit. It is firmer than standard and works great. It also fixed the front end sag after fitting a steel bullbar and winch.

Comment

• LongwoodTim
                  LongwoodTim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi John, I had the OME nitrochargers fitted with a Summit bar last week. I went for the medium spring in rear (just a bit firmer than standard), not the constant 200kg, and also got some Polyairs installed so I can keep the rear at the right height when the camper is on and the car loaded up. The measurement from the workshop was 35 mm front, 50 mm rear increase in height. This was more than I expected based on the OME engineering specs. I wasn't really after a big lift as such, but Im very happy with the result, it rides really well. I guess it will settle with time.

• John
                  John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hey LongwoodTim,

That's good news. thanks for the feedback. I have always had ARB barwork and definatly like the gear. I am not sure which way i'll go the TJM gear really looks good aswell. Have you got any pics in the forum?

• LongwoodTim
                  LongwoodTim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi John- just the one pic I posted over the weekend of the Summit bar- I think you commented on that. Either choice would do the job well I reckon- I was close to opting for the TJM gear.

Hi John, I can tell you the front springs are heavy duty and the rears are light and the shocks are xgs 4000s. For some reason I can't load my pics but it handles awesome. Like every one else I had to chose a brand and I am very happy.

Comment

Hopefully reviving an older thread.. How's the TJM Suspension going and what are their impressions?

Comment

my tjm suspension is going great. it has settled in well after 6 months. been up and down billy goat bluff and it handles like a dream.

Comment

• RJS
                      RJS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Allan. I put the order in for mine today, after much investigation into what to go for.

Good luck Rjs, I think you will be happy with your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan View Post
                      Good luck Rjs, I think you will be happy with your choice.
                      Thanks Allen. Just got back from TJM, happy with the ride. Have a vibration in 1st, and they've fitted the spacers.
                      Did you get any vibration in your driveline at all?

Comment

No.nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X