Fog lights for GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lights for GX

hello everyone, has anyone fitted aftermarket fog lights to their GX? Much like the GXL and Cruisade? Interested to know where you bought then and who fitted then. I'm in Melbourne.

I'm about to have the ones to my bull bar fitted today, you may not wish to fit a bull bar. But i do know someone on here got factory ones fitted by Toyota to his GX

Comment

Hi skardo, yes not looking to get a bull bar. Do you know who it was who got the factory ones fitted? Or the moderator? Thanks in advance

Comment

• mrh460
        mrh460 commented
        Editing a comment
        Link to previous discussion below.

I did some measurements and the GT86 fog lights will bolt right up to the GX fortuner. Look for aftermarket GT86 fog lights on ebay.

Comment

I had my dealership fit genuine fog lights into the steel bullbar, and they had trouble with the wiring. The plan was to replace the light stalk with one which had
        2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

I haven't checked out the GT86 fog lights but will. Measuring the GX bullbar space for the fog light is about 70mm. Narva have a round 70mm fog light which may fit the bill. When I get some spare time (& cash) I'll do some research on them

Comment

The best way to go for the "factory" look is to get this kit for the lights and surrounds only. The vehicle should have the loom already in the car. Install Narva relay 68062BL into the relay spot behind the LH foot well and buy 841400K580 stalk ($230.00) and fit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOG-LAMP-...cAAOSwMgdXxQak

Comment

Or just use the whole kit

Comment

Originally posted by FULLSCALE View Post
                The best way to go for the "factory" look is to get this kit for the lights and surrounds only. The vehicle should have the loom already in the car. Install Narva relay 68062BL into the relay spot behind the LH foot well and buy 841400K580 stalk ($230.00) and fit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOG-LAMP-...cAAOSwMgdXxQak
                Can you confirm that this works, particularly the swapping stalks? It sounds like even Toyota don't do that and instead fit a separate button somewhere if you ask for fog lights on a GX.

Comment

If you want the Crusade/GXL look buy the switch. If you want the "I bought it from Thailand " look use the loom and switch supplied. These fog lamp kits are available for most vehicles but dont utilise the loom already in the car.

Comment

Toyota quoted me over $3000 to fit fog lights to my Toyota GX bull bar. $550 per fog light, clips to hold them in place, new wiring & control stalk. Its almost like Toyota want to price themselves out of the aftermarket business

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Leondis View Post
                      Toyota quoted me over $3000 to fit fog lights to my Toyota GX bull bar. $550 per fog light, clips to hold them in place, new wiring & control stalk. Its almost like Toyota want to price themselves out of the aftermarket business
                      Wow! that’s amazing. ARB, who aren't well known for their low-low prices charge $94 for foglights (both) + $79 for the wiring loom + $169 fitting with their bar.

I think you are correct that they aren't interested in after-market unless it's in the standard options list. I think they were instead just going through the GXL spare parts catalogue to come up with that price, what does that tell you about the price of parts?! I hope nothing breaks

In a similar vein I asked about GXL alloy wheels for my GX, $600 each was the quote (via spares dept.)! Even though the 18" optional alloys were only $800 a set. That's extra annoying now that, at the time of writing, they are giving them away to new GX owners

Dave

Comment

The wheels know as OE wheels are all priced around the $900.00 to $1400 which is why we have insurance. The Toyota Accessory 18" wheel is just that. An Accessory wheel and is priced at a similar price as all the aftermarket wheels. Pricing for Fog Lights and other extras (roof rails etc.) is priced at a point where the customer needs to decide whether to pay to upgrade or pay a bit more for the next grade.

BTW catalogue list for the Crusade 18" is $1566.00

FYI using current list pricing and numbers you would need these parts; 1 x 812100D110 FOG @ $229.47, 1 x 812200D110 FOG @ $229.47, 1 x 9098702027RELAY @ $88.20, 1 x 841400K580 SWITCH @ 211.37, 1 x 521280K300 SURROUND @ $146.56, 1 x 521270K300 SURROUND @ $146.56, 1 X 521250K090 [email protected] $98.72, 1 x 521260K090 MOUNT @ $98.72, 6 x 9016750063 SCREW @ $1.03ea and 8 x 9016740063 BOLTS @ $0.97ea

This list is if you are going to fit them to a standard bumper. Obviously when transfering to a OE bullbar you wouldn't need the surrounds however you will need the fog brackets and surround for the bullbar.

Comment

My demmo GX already had 4x18" alloys, (& upgrade to leather trim) but the spare was the GX 17" steel rim. Silly me, didn't even think to look at the spare, just assumed it was also an alloy. Got a matching OE alloy rim from Toyota for $300.

And according to Toyota (spares dept) the OE steel bull bar for the GX is a different bar to that for the GXL & Crusade? I dunno & ain't real mechanically minded, but why have different bars for the same car?

Comment

OE bars come with components to fit OE parts. ie the GXL has fogs so the Bullbar has the brackets and surrouds fitted in it. The Crusade has DRL + Fog so the bar has places for all that and so on. As for $300 for a wheel, that would be so because the dealer probably had a Hilux rim left from an upgrade so sold one to you.

Comment

Working...
                            X