Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRL's (Daytime Running Lights)

G'day fellas,

So check these out....I'm thinking they'd look pretty awesome.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-...f-0a613dfe3583

Monaz

The look pretty good mate, not sure if i'd bother if you are getting a bullbar though as they cut the bumper in half to fit it

Comment

I just ordered a set for $50 I'll let you know how they go mate!

Comment

• Monaz
        Monaz commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice mate!!!! Looking forward to the pics.....

Just reviving an old thread. I've a 2015 GX with a Toyota bull bar & just had the LEDs in it wired to work as daytime running lights. Job was done by Macarthur Auto Electrical (Campbeltown -S/W of Sydney). He used the original wiring harness & just tapped into it. Cost including GST was $368, & had the car for half a day.

Comment

• mrh460
        mrh460 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you get that awesome idea from ?? 😜

I just can't remember.

Comment

they do use parts of the original harness but its actually a new module that gets wired in. Using the module you can add DRLs to anything. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DRL-CONT...frcectupt=true
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

• mrh460
          mrh460 commented
          Editing a comment
          The light control module for the bull bar has the capability of using the existing LEDs as DRLs. It just requires an ignition/accessories connection to enable the DRL function.
          Last edited by mrh460; 28-08-2019, 11:33 AM.

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

• mrh460
          mrh460 commented
          Editing a comment
          Connecting an ignition/accessories supply to wire 12 on the bull bar ECU enables the DRL function.

The DRLs come on with ignition/accessories. They go off when the parkers/headlights are on. One side dims when the blinkers are on. Both sides dim when the hazards are on.
          Last edited by mrh460; 28-08-2019, 11:34 AM.

When you say they come on with ignition, mine come on when the key is on accessory. Hmmm

Comment

• mrh460
          mrh460 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine do too, Anthony. I wanted them wired that way so I can easily use them to light up my campsite, and as DRLs it makes no real difference.

I’ve edited the post above.
          Last edited by mrh460; 28-08-2019, 11:36 AM.
      Working...
      X