Toyota factory fitted roof racks bad wind noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota factory fitted roof racks bad wind noise

I have owned a fortuner GXL for the past couple of months and purchased it with factory fitted toyota roof racks, but as soon as get up to 80km/hr the front roof rack has terrible hum that comes from the wind. Sometimes with head wind this can happen at 60km/hr. Not happy with these racks, does anyone else have toyota racks that are experiencing issues? Toyota dealer has sent complaint to toyota customer service but still waiting on a response.

I dont have roof racks, but while driving see if you can grab the rack with your hand around the rack end. If the noise stops it may be a loose end or a bad design, in which case return the racks and get a refund.

Comment

I have a crusade with the racks dealer fitted. I only put them on when needed. Not sure if they made a noise when we picked the car up from the dealer but i do know the last time i used them there was a noise.....

Comment

I have rhino racks and a rhino basket, and they are also noisy, interesting as they are the sport type, the heavy duty bars and basket in my triton are not as noisy.

Comment

Working...
        X