Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel chip for Tuner

Hi Guys

Just installed a diesel chip in Crusade Auto wow Big Grin what a difference. Took me abort 20 minutes to install, unplug original harness plug chip harness in series at a price of $760 delivered to my door step with a 30 day money back guarantee and 3 year warrantee. I ended up getting the 2 channel that controls fuel and boost they claim before power 130kw after 170kw and torque before 450nm after 536nm and improve fuel 1L/100km.
    I just fueled the car last night so monitor fuel usage. So far very happy with product for that price its worth, I got quoted $1800 plus fitting for a Steinbauer .
    The website is www.dieselchiptuning.com.au the Tuner is not listed but the new 2.8 Hilux is same running gear. I've got mine set on 6, before had to change from ECO and PWR if overtaking now leave it in ECO use a little throttle power comes on instate
    Last edited by Lozza; 30-11-2016, 02:11 PM.

Hi Guys

Just a update on fuel consumption after installing diesel chip.
    Full tank of fuel managed to get 800km recon I could of got more didn't trust the trip monitor.
    Averaging 8.9km/l best 8.3km/l 30% highway and 70% city driving.
    Prior to installing chip averaging 10.5km/l best 9.8km/l.
    Noticed that you don't have to use much throttle to get her moving.

Comment

• Lozza
      Lozza commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Had to enter details under Hilux 2.8L. Rang the bloke regarding no Fortuner 2.8L he advised that Hilux and Fortuner had same running gear and program.

• Franc
      Franc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Lozza I ordered and fitted a Diesel Chip based on your post above, I can confirm your results regarding fuel consumption & smoothness, it seems to change the gearbox shift points earlier and don't change down so easily so you can actually use the low down torque of the engine!

One warning though I would not set it to max (setting 7 out of 7) it went to limp mode after hard acceleration.

I disconnected the battery and all good, I have now done about 5000km on setting 4, with no issues,

Overall a much more relaxing driving experience,

• Lozza
      Lozza commented
      Editing a comment
      Franz
      I had to drop my setting down to 4. I was on 6 had the same issue went in limp mode.

How'd you get on in regards to warranty lozza?

Comment

• Lozza
      Lozza commented
      Editing a comment
      Mate every time it due for a service I remove the chip takes about 5 minutes. They can't tell if the car has a chip.

How many kms on your fortuner?

Comment

• Lozza
      Lozza commented
      Editing a comment
      23000km I've got the chip remove at the moment due to getting DPF replaced this Friday. I miss the extra power can't wait to reinstall. I noticed since chip has been removed average 9.3L before with the chip was about 8.2L around town.

actually they can tell a chip has been fitted , but hopefully they wont notice - the electrical plugs on aftermarket harnesses leave different scratch marks on the pins than what the factory plugs leave.
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

hi Lozza, 18 months on how is the chiptune going, I am thinking about getting one for my 18 crusade. Do you tow anything with yours?

Comment

• Bagz_fortuner
        Bagz_fortuner commented
        Editing a comment
        Any updates on this? We got the new model 2019" with the safety features.How did the 18 go with the chip??

• Lozza
        Lozza commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry guys. Haven’t been on forum for a while. Update on chiptune, still working great. Used on my previous 2015 Crusade and Current 2018 Crusade. Set on setting 6 power mode. Might adjust to mode 7 this week.

• Bagz_fortuner
        Bagz_fortuner commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Lozza, Made that an easy decision for me,
    Working...
    X