Stone Chip Relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Chip Relief

Picked up some touch-up paint for the Fortuner. Only just over 1 month old and already have some paint chips.

That sucks mate, i've had a scratch on the back of mine on the rear lower bumper, i bought the touch up paint from autobarn/autobahn cost me $14, that's also where a bullbar comes in very handy stones generally hit that and go the way of the yowie

Comment

• tekka maki
      tekka maki commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm saving up for either the genuine Toyota alloy bullbar or the ARB alloy summit bar. Will be some time though.

tekka maki It's not worth buying the genuine bar or an ARB they are way too expensive, have a look at the TJM kit, they also do an alloy bar

Comment

• tekka maki
      tekka maki commented
      Editing a comment
      thehunteroz I looked into a TJM option but they don't advertise an alloy bull bar for the Fortuner on their website so I dismissed it. I'll give them a call. Perhaps they haven't updated the website. Cheers.

East Coast Bars (ECB) have bull bars on their web for the fortuner. If you then click onto their 'partners' link, you'll see that Opposite Loc, & Town & Country are listed, which I imagine you can source an ECB price from. I've no affiliation with any of them.

Comment

Just went to Toyota to buy some white touch up paint. Was told Toyota no longer stack / sell touch up paint. He gave me the number of the bloke they use for such purposes, but I was looking at over an hour to get there, & again to come home. Decided to try Supercheap as they're close to Toyota. They had a paint colour chart there, so I gave the girl the number & name of the paint, & she mixed up a 50ml bottle of touch up paint while I waited. Cost $19. Sorry for the size of the photo.

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        Toyota mixed some up for once. Strange they not doing it anymore.

I couldn't believe it either. But the guy's been in their Spares counter for the 2-ish yrs I've had the Tuner, so maybe its a recent thing... or maybe just a Sydney City Toyota thing?? Anyway, I was happy to get it then & there, & it was happy with the $19.

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        Stone chips rust too, even with the stupid anti rust device that I have never seen evidence of working.

I hassled Toyota enough that they will touch up rusted stone chips.

what anti rust device are you using spook?

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s an armoutech device they put on with a protection pack. Low pulsed current flow through the body work.

Honestly I can’t see the logic in how they work.
        Although I did pull one off a customers car years and years ago, had rust under it!

The pads act like a capacitor and small AC pulses will flow through them. They can be effective where panels are not electrically bonded to each other but on cars thats rarely the case.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        After stone chips are fixed I’m going to remove it, I’ll put a scope on pads to see exactly what is putting out and also on vehicle body to see if these pulses are even present.

I’ve thought about getting a system but I have been sceptical if it actually works myself

Comment

I'm also sceptical & cynical when it comes to things like this.... but, just ask yourself; 1. If it really worked, wouldn't every man & their dog have one? and 2. If it really worked wouldn't rust repairers go broke?

I've seen the guy at 4WD shows with his blue 80 series cruiser flogging these rust preventative devices. I just think he puts a lot of elbow grease into to waxing his car (& getting his rust cut out !!), to make his 80 series look schmick to flog a product.... my two bob's worth anyway!

Comment

• Spook1205
          Spook1205 commented
          Editing a comment
          There seems to be no real evidence and I very much agree with what you are saying.
      Working...
      X