Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from TJM Kilsyth

So just got the 4tuna back from TJM.
    Getting things setup for our Easter trip (Vic high country) and for the big trip up to Fraser Island mid year.

Went with a steel bullbar, snorkel, suspension lift and rear airbags.
    All done in a couple of days - apparently the airbag install is a bugger to do.

There is a bit of driveline vibration in 1st and 2nd gear, a spacer has been ordered and go in next week or so.

well done. the airbags should allow the soft suspension to work normally and allow inflation for towing
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by White One View Post
      well done. the airbags should allow the soft suspension to work normally and allow inflation for towing
      That's the idea, I recently upgraded my camper trailer and the Fortuner certainly needs some help here!

Comment

I agree , at least the airbags allow the best of both worlds
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

That's a damn fine GX

Comment

Do they replace the entire bumper or so they cut it off prior to installing the bull bar?

Comment

• young_dazza
              young_dazza commented
              Editing a comment
              They cut the bumper when installing the TJM bar

Yes, Bumper gets cut back to fit.

Have since been back to have the driveshaft bearing spacer fitted and everything tightened up.
            Vibration in 1st and 2nd gears is gone and we're driving as smooth as.

The suspension setup worked very well over Easter, when we headed up to Omeo with some friends for a long weekend of 4wd fun.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUm7...&feature=share

Comment

I'd be interested to hear how you are going with the TJM Suspension setup and if you still have driveline vibrations? I'm looking at their Springs/Shocks combo with a 45mm lift. The rear spring is the Heavier duty 215 KG Progressive, I'm trying to sort the ride out under load.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X