Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safari armax

Fits in there nicely.
    Last edited by Eastie; 05-09-2017, 10:36 AM.

Your engine and bay are so shiny....clearly you haven't ventured offroad...yet!

Comment

• Eastie
      Eastie commented
      Editing a comment
      Cleaned before the install, thats my excuse

Plug-in ECU interceptor?

Comment

• Eastie
      Eastie commented
      Editing a comment
      an ecu and new injector drive loom that incorporates engine temp, injector open duration, fuel pump pressure, turbo boost, exhaust gas/dpf temp

How does it perform? An increase to 160kw and 553Nm (according to Safari) is substantial. Any details on warranty should something go wrong?

Comment

Hell of a lot smoother and better fuel consumption over the last two tanks from gaining back more torque converter lockup that was lost to the taller tyres.
      It's set on comfort mode and I haven't played with the settings yet which are sports / comfort / towing / off.
      No longer need the i-drive throttle controller as pickup is just as good. It only kicks in when the vehicle is up to temp, and cuts out during dpf regen (it uses an added thermocouple installed on the dpf).
      There's paperwork about warranty provided by safari, I haven't read it and I dont really care much for hypotheticals on warranty, the vehicle isn't stock but that doesn't automatically mean voiding warranty.

Comment

Hey Eastie,
        Any indication on cost for supply and install for this? I notice you don't have a snorkel in the profile pic. Have you installed one now to complement the ecu upgrade? Thanks for sharing. Looking to do something myself in the future once the warranty is out.
        Cheers,
        Pilbaratuna

Comment

I had some other work done at the same time, but quotes i got ranged from 2400 to 2600 installed. I have a safari snorkel fitted (normal, not an armax one) but it doesnt matter what you have installed as each ecu is setup by safari for the vehicle its going on, taking into account mods such as snorkel and exhaust upgrades etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastie View Post
            I had some other work done at the same time, but quotes i got ranged from 2400 to 2600 installed. I have a safari snorkel fitted (normal, not an armax one) but it doesnt matter what you have installed as each ecu is setup by safari for the vehicle its going on, taking into account mods such as snorkel and exhaust upgrades etc.
            Thanks Eastie

Comment

How’s the armax ecu now a bit of time has passed?

Comment

Working...
              X