WANTED - 18" steel wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED - 18" steel wheels

I am looking for a set of 5 18" x 6 stud steel wheels to fit my Crusade. Happy to pay freight, I am in Adelaide.

Hey mate. What wheels you have at the moment?

I just bought a 2016 Crusade... but was thinking of swapping the custom 18" alloys for 17s. I figure more rubber will be more useful on the rock.

Comment

Hello Duploboy, because I do a lot of pretty full on off road stuff with my car I run two sets of wheels. I still have the original alloys with the original 18" Bridgestones for bitumen use but I swap these for 17" steel wheels fitted with BF Goodrich A.T.'s for the off road stuff. I bought the 17" steel wheels and tyres new as a package from Bob Jane - $1,600 for the four. Take note, the alloys have different wheel nuts to the steels so if you keep the alloy spare for emergency make sure you carry a spare set of alloy wheel nuts.

Comment

Different nut torque too,

the Alloy nut is far better not that the steel ones fail but can loosen easier

still a little confused why you want 18" steel wheels ?

For your off-road set it would be a good idea to buy another matching wheel and tyre, you can rotate the 5 it is worth it, you can run the tyres down to 40%, strip them from the rims and still sell them for good coin

After running 2 sets of wheels for years this is a good way to do it, under 40% tread they don't perform that well are usually 4 years old ( rubber hardening up ) yet you still get good money for them
        Last edited by Snowhite; 30-10-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the "heads up" Snowhite, I'm not too fussed about selling my A/T tyres, I will probably wear them out in the next two years. For reference, my A/T set up is 17" steel wheels and my black top set up is 18" alloy, I don't have 18" steels.

Comment

Working...
          X