Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo barrier wanted

Hi all,
    I require a secondhand cargo barrier for my Fortuner.
    Thanks in advance.

Brent 0418430928

Please let me know if you find one that fits!

Comment

For anyone having trouble finding one that fits after installing drawers etc, this may be of interest ...

https://www.kaon.com.au/store/p69/To...-_Present.html
      2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

If it helps and as another option, I got my 1/2 cargo barrier through ORS (off road systems - south west sydney), in Sept. 2017 and was several months after I'd had their drawers installed.

Cost for the 1/2 cargo barrier in 2017 was $645, plus another $125 for installation.

Comment

Thanks guys. Kaon one looks very tidy. Let's hope it's not made of fibreglass. Just added to cart!

Comment

That does look good, let us know how it goes. I use the awning brackets and shovel (quickfist) brackets from kaon, great quality hardware.

Comment

Here are some pictures of the Kaon half cargo barrier installed.

Please note that it is NOT tested to Australian standards.

I am, however, very happy with it.

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Yeah, looks ideal. A lot easier to put in and out than my autosafe half-barrier, and about half the price!
                I can't see from the pics, I assume there's a bracket around the headrest posts?

Comment

You can see the brackets for the head restraint posts here ...

Comment

OK, thanks, that's nice and simple. Do you find it rattles/moves etc? Looks like it could given the attachment methods.

Dave

Comment

It’s been on for less than 24 hours, but it seems surprisingly secure.
                      Time will tell. 🙂

Comment

I'll second the comment above- it's seems remarkably solid. The posts from the rear head-rests slot through the bottom brackets and look pretty bomber. The arms clamp around the third row handles, and again, don't look like they'll go anywhere. It's really light so that helps.

Would it stop an anvil going through at 100km/hr? I doubt it, but as long as you pack sensibly it will be pretty handy. I'm going to get a service at Toyota tomorrow, and no doubt they'll tell me that it will itself be a danger in the cabin if it comes loose!

My only gripe is I was planning to mount it behind the front row seats- but didn't realise the headrests have different sized posts to the second row ones.

If anyone is near they're welcome to come and check mine out.

Comment

Working...
                        X