SWAP my tuna for a landcruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAP my tuna for a landcruiser

Swap my tuna for a late model landcruiser don't care if it is petrol.
    Cheers Dave
    2015 GX Auto

Not happy with it?

Comment

I don't think there is a late model petrol unless its a Prado??? There's chips out there that can take it from 130kw to 170kw and up the torque as well.
      But a twin turbo V8 diesel 200 series would be gr8...lol

Comment

plenty of landcruiser owners out there with major issues , they are not perfect either
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Give it another chance mate... maybe it's just a simple fix or some sensor replacement somewhere. Was any modifications done to the car recently, or fuel additives, ? Sometimes that could shed some clues. Maybe try another dealership for second opinion.

Comment

Nothing modded from the factory, just bought another cruiser it will be nice to get back into a quiet, comfortable and powerful vehicle , the Mrs can have the tuna as a shopping trolley
            Cheers Dave
            2015 GX Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Skardo22 View Post
              I don't think there is a late model petrol unless its a Prado??? There's chips out there that can take it from 130kw to 170kw and up the torque as well.
              But a twin turbo V8 diesel 200 series would be gr8...lol
              Plenty of current model petrol cruiser wagons around.
              Cheers Dave
              2015 GX Auto

Comment

Originally posted by tourboy View Post
                Nothing modded from the factory, just bought another cruiser it will be nice to get back into a quiet, comfortable and powerful vehicle , the Mrs can have the tuna as a shopping trolley
                Quiet? Powerful? Of course petrol is quieter but the power is only because of the massive engine. Real world fuel consumption on the 4.46 litre V8 is bl00dy horrible compared to diesel. It is why they have a 138 litre fuel carrying capacity as standard.
                Comfortable? Having had both, I much prefer the better handling and superior capabilities of the tuna but some folks do like the sloppy bouncing soft ride of the cruiser.
                I find the cruiser handling is worse than a Pajero Sport and that is being kind. Sure the cruiser can tow 3.5 ton but over 90kph the cruiser and a big van is just plain dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hylife View Post

Quiet? Powerful? Of course petrol is quieter but the power is only because of the massive engine. Real world fuel consumption on the 4.46 litre V8 is bl00dy horrible compared to diesel. It is why they have a 138 litre fuel carrying capacity as standard.
                  Comfortable? Having had both, I much prefer the better handling and superior capabilities of the tuna but some folks do like the sloppy bouncing soft ride of the cruiser.
                  I find the cruiser handling is worse than a Pajero Sport and that is being kind. Sure the cruiser can tow 3.5 ton but over 90kph the cruiser and a big van is just plain dangerous.
                  Never had a cruiser that was sloppy or bouncy or was a problem when towing anything large if the trailer is balanced correctly. The steering in the tuna wanders more on uneven bitumen than a cruiser does, even the wife commented on how an old cruiser steers better in a straight line. Prados also steer the same as the tuna. I have never bought a large 4wd for the fuel economy and for what it's worth in my experience having owned 73 cruisers, 4 hiluxes, 2 prados and the tuna, the petrols on average use 2l/100km more than the diesels. Not worth the extra servicing cost and stress of dirty fuel with the diesel. No point arguing these are the facts that I have observed in relation to my use of said vehicles.
                  Cheers Dave
                  2015 GX Auto

Comment

I have noticed the tuna wanders a bit as well. Has become more pronounced since i put dueler ATs. Plus there is a nagging pull to the left. It could be the tyres bite a bit more on the bitumen. But the tuna definitely requires more concentration to drive. KTAS has rotated the tyres a couple of times. Toyota dealer has done the same as well as wheel alignment.

Comment

• Mantisoffroad
                      Mantisoffroad commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have just fitted Bridgestone dueller 697s to my gxl and the steering wheel now doesn’t seem to return 100% (stays at 5-10 degrees). Was fine with factory tyres and before wheel alignment. Wheel alignment has been checked again as well.
                  Working...
                  X