Dash rattle/vibration near radio 2016 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash rattle/vibration near radio 2016 model

2016 toyota fortuner gx had a bout a month is making at vibration/ rattle sound under front dash inside near radio. Happens in hot and cold days on normal.roads when slight acceleration is given and can be held for a few secound before it goes away. Of course when i took it to toyota it didnt make the sound but has been happening constantly since they cant do anything until they know where or what is causing it

​​​also when i start the car and it sits idiling it makes a loud sound like a fans been turned on but i havent turned the fan on?

I too have this issue Kpacker! on my 2015 GX, when it goes in for the 10,000 km service i'll make sure they pull the dash apart

Comment

Originally posted by thehunteroz View Post
      I too have this issue Kpacker! on my 2015 GX, when it goes in for the 10,000 km service i'll make sure they pull the dash apart
      and the 17 year old apprentices will break your clips and lose your screws and you'll be left with an even more wobbly and noisey dash, with probably a fresh dent on the door XD

Comment

Originally posted by 00DZNR View Post

and the 17 year old apprentices will break your clips and lose your screws and you'll be left with an even more wobbly and noisey dash, with probably a fresh dent on the door XD
        haha, well said! It's sad but often true unfortunately

Comment

I have a similar dash rattle, and found the source below the radio. Not sure if this helps -- it's the cup holder & lid. After a couple of push & pull, the rattle goes away. It's definitely the clips not securing in place.

Comment

Anybody have a solution to this rattle problem? I'm coming from Indonesia and I have exactly the same problem and was wondering if anyone found any fix yet. I tried removing the head unit to see the inside and had applied tape to any loose cable I find, but the rattle is still there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

I just got my GXL back from toyota for the same issue, he said it was the wiring harness behind the radio not tied up properly and rattling on the heater box. Only time will tell if they actually fixed the problem though.

Comment

• thehunteroz
                thehunteroz commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine's gone in today for this as well as it's 20,000KM service

I have that annoying rattle/vibration that seems to be coming to the right of the steering column upon acceleration every time. Does anyone know what it causing this vibration?

Comment

• tekka maki
                tekka maki commented
                Editing a comment
                To the right of the steering column... cup holder maybe??? The plastic cover that holds the drink in place can slide back, perhaps it's a bit loose in there. Check and slide forward again if that's the case.

Hi mate, I’ve the exact problem you described with my new car, what was the outcome of your issue? Cheers

Comment

Having the same problem... on a new car, so disappointing.

Comment

• Fox
                  Fox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found the clips in centre console cup holders were the culprit. When accelerating would rattle, put your hand on clips and it stopped

There's a known problem on the 2016 Indonesian model. Some, if not most of the tuna in Aus are Indo-imports, it may be the same issue.

If the rattle happens around 1800-2000rpm, it may relate to a/c unit pipe, to be specific, the pipe that delivers heat.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 42ner; 13-09-2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• kep777
                  kep777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could you please take a picture on where it is located? and how to fix?
              Working...
              X