Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED headlight upgrade on GXL

Hi all,

Does anyoneif knows if it is possible to upgrade headlights on GXL to LED ones found on Crusade?

I've seen it done on Thai and Philippine websites. That said, the headlight assemblies are about $1,500 for a pair.

Comment

Put some decent halogen bulbs in, the LED lights aren`t that great.

Comment

just had a thought too - if you fit headlight assemblies from OS models , the light patterns / spread might be different to ours so not legal for our use.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thailand/Indonesia is right hand drive (similar to Australia) so the light spread will be the same.

If you're getting it from anywhere else (Philippines/Vietnam) then the light spread would likely be different.

Comment

They also need to be self levelling to be legal here

Comment

LOL. Funny how the "road legal" topic comes up here but not in other threads.

I'm just saying, a lot of car modifications are not road legal, but we're not here to discuss various state rules on how a car can/cannot be modified.

Comment

I see what you are saying , and its the owners choice whether the accessories go on or not , but in some cases doing things that are not legit will be a excuse to reduce or deny an insurance claim.
                2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll just keep it as is.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Psykamaholik View Post
                    Put some decent halogen bulbs in, the LED lights aren`t that great.
                    Actually, the LED ones are bl00dy awesome. Far better than any incandescent lighting system such as halogens or HIDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hylife View Post

Actually, the LED ones are bl00dy awesome. Far better than any incandescent lighting system such as halogens or HIDs.
                      It also operates at a much lower temperature, which reduces condensation, and life cycle of the bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X