Cigarette plug fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigarette plug fuse

I have no power through the cigarette plug so I have either blown a fuse or a wire has come off. Im thinking it would be a fuse. Does anyone know where the fuse is? I’ve checked under the bonnet and inside the glove box on the left they all are ok but I can’t see any that says something like cig plug on them

Is it just the one cigarette outlet without power? I had just the rear cigarette lighter without power, which I only discovered when I went to plug in my fridge. Took it into Toyota and they had forgotten to reconnect it at some point, same with heating another time.

Comment

ciggy sockets are fed from 3 sources - P/OUTLET No 1 , P/OUTLET No 2 , ( both 15A )and the ACC fuse ( 5A ) which controls the relay. just to make it more complicated there is a small Black L shaped fusible link on the back of each socket.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice one! I knew you would come up with the goods👍

I learnt about the little fusible link many many years ago , after not being able to find why power was at the back of the socket and not in the socket . Had to pull the whole interior panel out to access the socket. So nowadays each one i come across i replace the fusible link with a conventional blade fuse holder , wired to a more convienient access point.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

• DancesWithPoultry
        DancesWithPoultry commented
        Editing a comment
        I was told that the internal fuse-able link is for heat, so the socket will turn off if something overheats in there.

• White One
        White One commented
        Editing a comment
        kewl , I didn't know it was for heat , makes sense I guess

do you know where the power outlet 1 fuse is? i found power outlet 2 in the main fuse block under the bonnet which is the only 15 amp in there and i looked at the 2 fuse blocks inside the glovebox on the left side. Please don't tell me I'm blind

Comment

there are 3 fuse blocks behind the glovebox , the one containing that fuse is the one that faces downwards , has a white cover. look from underneath you will see it
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

I took a photo of each fuse panel and laminated the photos and keep a copy in the glovebox. Its pretty silly that the fuse layouts are not in the owners manual.
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

thanks white one it was the 15amp fuse for power outlet 1 under the white cover fuse block from underneath. I didn't know about that one.

Strangely enough it blew from having the hema plugged in on a trip.

I don't have any of these type of fuses i have a little kit from super cheap auto which has the normal blade fuses and some mini blade fuses but even the mini blade fuses look bigger. I grabbed the 15 amp spare fuse from the fuse block under the bonnet to put in. Do you know what the name is for these fuses i could look on eBay?

Comment

they are micro blade fuses , mini blades will fit and work ok but maybe you wont be able to put the cover back on. micros are a lower profile version of a mini.
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

• DancesWithPoultry
                DancesWithPoultry commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for your clear instructions. I spent a very unhappy hour trying to find the fuse, now replaced and all good.

• White One
                White One commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah they can be hard to find , and even harder to pull out. I carry some small pliers in the glovebox just in case

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X