Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortuner Speed Alert -- Is there one?

Hi All,

I have the GXL 2018 Fortuner with GPS etc in the multimedia system. Question. Is there any form of speed alert built in. I am thinking not as no mention of it in the manual but I have only had the car for a day so I thought I would ask the experts. i.e all of you.

Regards
    Brett

Hi and welcome!

Unfortunately no speed alert or digital speedo.

Hope you're enjoying your Fortuner!

Cheers

Josh

Comment

Thanks Josh, Yes, so far I love it. I have had 2 Hilux's and a Prado over the years, all great cars. I have high hopes for the Fortuner.

Brett

Comment

That's disappointing there's no speed alert on the factory navigation. The 2016 GXL never came with factory navigation so got a Hema HN7 which politely reminds you of the speed limits if you're a bit over.

Comment

Whilst no speed alerts, you can program your GPS to advise of "safety" cameras - that is speed or red light cameras and even town entry points and railway crossings, the voice of a lovely young lady advises you in advance so you can reduce your speed accordingly, she also advises you to reduce your speed if you are going too fast. This happens with or without the audio system switched on. Well it does in my 2017 Crusade.

Comment

Apologies, my 2016 Crusade

Comment

Thanks Larrco. I will check it out. My old commodore used to have speed alerts tied into the nav system. My new one does not, strange.

whilst looking around i saw a product called Trap Tap. It looks very interesting, speed alert plus crowd sourced data on speed cameras etc.

Brett

Comment

Working...
              X