Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD2 Connection

Hey All,

I have been playing around with the OBD2 Connection and the app Torque pro.

So far it works with a range of parameters you can get from the cars computer.

I started looking at this as dad ordered his new 200 series and wanted to know transmission Temp when he is towing.

I figured out the PID coding from other sites and came up with this so it gives me °C

Long name= Tra​nsmission Temp (pan)
    Short name=TT Pan
    PID= 2182
    Min= 0
    Max= 400
    Scale factor 1x
    Unit type= °C
    Equation = (((((A*256)+B)*(7/100)-400)/100) - 32) /1.8

Long name= Tra​nsmission Temp (Converter)
    Short name = TT Con
    PID= 2182
    Min= 0
    Max= 400
    Scale factor 1x
    Unit type= °C
    Equation = (((((C*256)+D)*(7/100)-400)/100) - 32) /1.8

Thought some people doing towing might like to know

Cheers
    Last edited by Lrulz; 05-05-2016, 03:57 PM. Reason: Put picture up

Comment

Now why isn't all that data an option to look at on the head unit?!

Comment

That is the real question. If you could have android apps on there you could have it all. Just have to wait for Toyota link. Trouble is we will be waiting a long time.

Comment

I was actually reading an article about how to hack any car's OBDII port and use a microcontroller to make the car do your bidding. Lucky for me I am versed in such microcontroller technology and motivated enough to customise things, it just may take a while to get around to it. I think Toyota are holding out on us in terms of customisation of what the vehicle can do, for example I know the Prado can have a keyfob command to open/close all windows on the car and I see no reason why the Fortuner can't be made to do the same thing. The big hurdle is deciphering the proprietary command codes used by Toyota once you have a method to listen in to them on OBDII.

Comment

Very interested in this on the Toyota's. Please keep us informed how you go!

Comment

Well i downloaded the app and plugged in my cable but cant get it to connect. It keeps saying the baud rate for usb is wrong, but i tried all options and still cant get it to connect. it looks pretty good if you can access the sensors and not need aftermarket guages

Comment

im picking up a scanguage2 on Sunday, will be interesting to see what readings i can get out with it

Comment

https://theksmith.com/software/hack-...p-easy-part-1/

A bit of light reading for anyone else inclined to give it a crack

Comment

so my scan gauge2 arrived and works a treat, but for the life of me i cant find anywhere to mount it. the dash in the fortuner is not the most user friendly when trying to find somewhere to mount stuff

Comment

I bought a bluetooth adapter to give this a try. It works pretty good but i cant get the transmission temps to display. Ive thrown in the settings displayed on the first post and i just get readings of -10*C to -12*C

Other than that, it looks like a handy little app

Comment

Update- After some searching i found this page http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...orque-app.html the download has lots of sensors pre programmed and ready to go.

Im loving the Torque app, the gps tracker will be great when hitting the tracks and finding all the good areas to explore

Comment

I have a bluetooth adapter that worked fine in my last vehicle but can't get it to connect in the Fortuner so I was wondering if someone could post a link of an adapter that does work?

Thanks,

RickB

Comment

I have an obd key and it seems to work fine.
                            http://obdkey.com

Comment

I have this cheap ebay one which works:
                              http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190868683257

Comment

Working...
                              X