DLRs on Genuine Steel Bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLRs on Genuine Steel Bar

I called into the parts section of my dealership this morning to enquire about replacing the parking lights / blinkers on my premium steel bull bar with units that include DRLs (as I believe are fitted to Crusades).

I was told that the part numbers are the same.

If this is correct, I gather that an auto electrician could sort this out for me.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mrh460; 1 week ago.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

For anyone interested, it turns out that it’s quite easy to add DRL function to the existing LEDs on on a genuine steel bar fitted to a GX.

I had it done by an auto electrician, but my understanding is that you just have to connect an ignition/accessories feed to the appropriate wire (red, I believe) at the ECU that controls the bar lights. The ECU is located behind the bar upright on the passenger side.

Basically you’re making the ECU think it’s in a Crusade, which has DRL functionality.

The parkers receive a higher voltage and act as DRLs, but they dim when the lights are turned on or the blinkers are on.
    Last edited by mrh460; 4 days ago.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Working...
    X