GXL Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GXL Stereo

Finding more and more things that I love about this car!
    The stereo in this car is awesome, but I am wondering... Is there only the one USB port?
    The stereo shows two so am wondering if there is another somewhere that I haven't found.
    I don't really like the main one under the stereo in the Centre console as the USB sticks I have stick out too far and have already been knocked when plugging our gps unit in. Small thing I know, but if here is one hidden in the glovebox or somewhere would be good as the stick can live in it and never be worried about.

BJ.

I too have wondered about this, i havnt found a second USB port, it could possibly be in the rear of the unit which would suck

Comment

The dealer told me it is on the back of the unit and impossible to get to without dismantling the dash. I would suggest buy a USB extension cable and run it into the glovebox.

Comment

Apparently if you buy a cigarette lighter style 12 Volt insert with the USB outlets and plug it into the 12 VDC outlet next to USB 1, this somehow works as USB 2 on the stereo. It sounds strange I know -
        I haven't tried it but recall my salesman explaining it to me when we were going over the car.
        I hope this helps.
        Rich.

Comment

You could try stripping your USB stick down to just the printed circuit board, then it would be small enough maybe to not cause problems.

Comment

The stereo manual mentions that you can use a usb hub in the usb slot on the dash. If you plug in 2 usb devices into the hub the stereo will pick up 2 usb inputs (max) - pg.61
            Last edited by Eastie; 13-06-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

I suggest get a small USB flash drive, such as the Sandisk ultra fit... They're tiny and cheap enough...
              SANDISK ULTRA FIT 128GB 128G 128 G GB USB FLASH DRIVE MINI NANO A in Computers/Tablets & Networking, Drives, Storage & Blank Media, USB Flash Drives | eBay

Comment

I replaced the cigarette lighter socket with a 4.2A boat/motorcycle dual USB port (most dual USB ports are 1.1A when used both, even though they claim to be 2.1A). No more ugly plastic protruding out of the dash area. Addition to that, I also installed a Toyota OEM USB/AUX port and hook it up to the satnav so I can mount a tiny flash disk with songs on it.
                Last edited by 42ner; 12-07-2017, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X