Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GX rear door light install

Hi All,

Thought I would share this cheap modification, only needs mainly your time. I used a stedi rock light as the light source as they are fairly cheap and good quality.

Having a GX means that the rear door has a push button blanking plate on the automatic closing handle. So I decided to add a rear light to the back door and re-purpose this with a on-off push button switch for the light. Purpose was to get better light in the back of the vehicle with a clean look and feel when camping or needing to have decent light at the rear of the vehicle.

I have uploaded some photos as that is the best way to show it, if you want a detailed install method, just drop me a message and I can give you more info.

Cheers

awesome , ive done a similar setup but with the switch mounted above the jack storage compartment.
    2019 GX , in White

Comment

Good stuff! I plan to do this when i get mine. Quick question, how did you wire it up? did you run cables through the roof? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
        Good stuff! I plan to do this when i get mine. Quick question, how did you wire it up? did you run cables through the roof? Cheers.
        its generally easier to run the wiring under the trims at the bottom of the door openings. when you get to the jack compartment there is a narrow cavity behind the rubber tailgate trim which leads up near the tailgate hinge. from there its via the rubber grommet then into the tailgate.
        2019 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by savuka View Post
          I have uploaded some photos as that is the best way to show it, if you want a detailed install method, just drop me a message and I can give you more info.

Cheers
          How much trim did you have to remove to do this?

Comment

Working...
          X