Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SatNav - enable destination while driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SatNav - enable destination while driving?

Has anyone worked out how to enable the greyed out options while driving? ie setting a destination address or setting up Bluetooth device while driving. It's a real pain when the wife is trying to input a destination while I'm driving....

Can't do it, this feature is disabled as part of safe driving option. You have to stop the vehicle for it to work ...

Comment

I have seen a couple of posts on newhilux.net where they were disconnecting a wire that sends the cars speed to the radio.

Comment

It is still safe driving when the front seat passenger does the inputs to the GPS.
        What wire do I cut??

Comment

Originally posted by Earlee View Post
          It is still safe driving when the front seat passenger does the inputs to the GPS.
          What wire do I cut??
          Yes, I have the same question too

Comment

have a look at the wiring diagrams , there will be a Violet coloured speed sense wire going from the Combimeter to the radio , its labelled S+ at the combimeter and SPD at the radio , pin 17. cut that and away you go.
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by White One View Post
              have a look at the wiring diagrams , there will be a Violet coloured speed sense wire going from the Combimeter to the radio , its labelled S+ at the combimeter and SPD at the radio , pin 17. cut that and away you go.
              Hello White One, Would you kindly direct me to get that wiring diagram please? Photos may be? Cheers Jok

Comment

Hi all,
                Interested to know if anyone has actually done this yet? Either found the cable to cut and done so successfully or found another way to allow the interface to be used while driving? I'm all for safety and get the intent of it but agree with the statements above that it's crazy the passenger can't operate it while driving. Cheers,
                Pilbaratuna

Comment

Working...
                X