Password for multimedia unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password for multimedia unit

Hi guys, it came to my knowledge Toyota would charge customers $60-70 for requesting assistance to unlock their multimedia players after battery change / disconnect (either by customer or 3rd party)

Has anyone disconnected there battery and having to key in password to function? I also heard a customer complaining not justifiable since the password was not written anywhere in the book. Is this the batch no?

...just wondering since I am planning to disconnect my battery near future.
    Last edited by Kiat; 16-01-2017, 06:14 PM.

Didn't think our standard head unit had a password

Comment

I thought so too... until I sent my Tuna for service at dealership recently... and while waiting anxiously near service desk, Cant help but hear these info. Some even include RAV4. So this made me wonder if our Tuna suffers the same fate.

Comment

It shouldn't require one, i've had many fords with Radio/Stereo codes built in, when the battery is dropped (it resets the computers to factory defaults after about 20 mins) and plugged back in, i've seen it flash on screen for radio code, but always disappeared after a few seconds. Try contacting the Toyota customer service line, if your vehicle is still in warranty then in my opinion they legally have to give it to you, or you could go to consumer affairs/motor trade association, i've threatened to get the MTA involved with a few things here in West OZ with my fords, and it's always helped

Comment

Thanks HunterOz & Tonks for replies, that's a relief. 60-70$ sure isn't worth the 6-digit code for a Toyota Link. I can imagine how those customers felt. Rather spend that money on something else if that happens. I think Toyota should do that for free.

Comment

I have disconnected my battery completely on my Crusade and never had to punch in a password when reconnected

Comment

Good to hear that. The 60-70$ fee was probably for RAV4 & other models.

Comment

If in need the password is always 0000

Comment

Working...
                X