Wiring up Crusade LED lightbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring up Crusade LED lightbar

Just for interest of anyone wiring up their own lightbar or spotties in a Crusade.
    Painful but can be done!
    Most of you will know how to set up the harness in general but here are a couple of tips I learnt after heaps of searches and hit and misses:
    The high beam wire on the bi-beam led headlights on the passenger side is the YELLOW one.
    Got through the firewall by taping switch cable to a mid size flat head screw driver and using a bit of car wash to lubricate - easy and no damage. Went in through main grommet, passenger side.
    Bought a hilux switch for lightbar from www.lowvoltage.net.au (best from auto elec).
    Rather than explain the connections I have attached a couple of pics for going from 3 connections to 4 on the switch (all different colours!)
    The left over red wire is the illumination connection. Haven't got to that one yet.

Hope ​​​​​this helps someone looking for same info I ​was.

Cheers

Hi RDFB - am trying this at the moment with some stedi type x driving lights.

have you got any pictures of the "yellow wire"?

Comment

Easier to just by the piggy back harness from Stedi and plug everything in rather than cut and join wires. The piggy back harness is about $20 from memory and plugs into the main headlight.

Comment

Doesn't work with the bi-beams I don't think. Couldn't work out how to do it anyway...

Have attached a pic of where we spliced on for high beam. Working a treat.
        Attached Files

Comment

• RDFB
          RDFB commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like you got it. Yep there are no plugs for the bi-beams so had to go the splice. Soldered it together and works a treat.

Thanks for this post, it saved some time with the circuit tester!
        Just building up a harness now before the bar goes on.
        The stedi harness (or any off the shelf harness) wont plug and play fit on the crusade headlights so exposing the high beam wire and soldering or taping is required. Better option for the harness is build your own, or undo the stedi harness and rewire it to correct lengths minus the crimp terminals.

Comment

I just recently purchase the Stedi 22 inch light bar and the harness plugged straight into the existing high beam. It came with both a H4 and H3 piggy back adapter.

Originally posted by Eastie View Post
          Thanks for this post, it saved some time with the circuit tester!
          Just building up a harness now before the bar goes on.
          The stedi harness (or any off the shelf harness) wont plug and play fit on the crusade headlights so exposing the high beam wire and soldering or taping is required. Better option for the harness is build your own, or undo the stedi harness and rewire it to correct lengths minus the crimp terminals.

Comment

• Eddo83
            Eddo83 commented
            Editing a comment
            How did you get the piggy back adaptor into the headlight to attach to the high beams?

You'd be right for the GX/GXL models, but the Crusade has the special bi headlights which aren't plug and play.
          Last edited by Eastie; 01-02-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hello All,

Just joined the forum today.

Has anyone here try to connect their LED Bar to the latest Crusade model (just got mine this month) as the wiring seem to be different to the one Herna posted.

Attached Files

Comment

Some wiring you can do by yourself, and for other, you must contact reliable electricians like Glenco, to check everything
              Glenco have been family owned and operated since 1988 Electrical Aircon Security Get in touch First Name * Phone * Email * Message * Send Homeowners As a homeowner, you want to ensure the tradesperson you choose will get the job done right. Find out more about all of our services here. View Services Commercial/Industrial …

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X