Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumination wire colour

Hi all
    i installed a new stedi lightbar and toyota oem switch along with a new uhf to my crusade on the weekend. I couldn't work out however which wire is the illumination wire on the drivers side switches eg. Idle up..thoughts??

Hi,

From memory, it's blue and goes into pin5 in the plug on the idle up switch. You should be able to pull the plug from the switch, then use a multimeter between pin5/blue and earth (e.g. exposed car body), you should see 12v when the lights (inc. parkers) are on.

Pretty sure that's the one I spliced to use for additional switch illumination.

Dave

Comment

• Kyle.harper@live.com.au
      [email protected] commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dave , i did try to do that but my multimeter wouldn't fit in the tiny holes in the plug. Also what did you use to splice it as its a very small wire?

Kyle

I think the easiest way, unless you have some clever vampire tap (which would have to be designed precisely for that gauge of wire) is to just snip the original blue wire in half and strip the two ends. Then strip a long section of the end of your tap wire (long enough for both of the stripped original wires to join to), and solder the three bare ends together, covering it all up at the end with heatshrink and/or electrical tape. Hope that makes sense.

Dave

Comment

Ok thanks dave 🖒

Comment

Working...
      X