Reverse Camera Override Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Camera Override Switch

I'm wondering if anyone has fitted a switch to bring up the rear view camera (when not in reverse).

I know that there are complications in doing this. If done incorrectly you can end up with the reverse lights coming on when you throw the switch. 😬
    Last edited by mrh460; 23-07-2017, 07:32 PM.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

These folks in the US tell me that their plug and play override solution would fit our head units.
    Hopefully one of our forum members with the relevant expertise will give their opinion.

https://www.anytimebackupcamera.com/videos
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

yes i have done it. you need to insert a 4 amp diode into the Red REV wire , at the head unit. Cathode end goes towards the head unit.
      if you apply 12v at the cathode end the reverse camera comes up anytime , without affecting anything else.

NOTE - if you dont use a diode , you run the risk of engaging reverse in the gearbox while driving , which is NOT GOOD.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
      X