Toyota genuine driving light harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota genuine driving light harness

I installed a Toyota genuine driving light harness over the weekend.

Good points
    - Harness is excellent with correct Toyota plugs so it just plugged in to the RH indicator stalk connector on the underside of the steering column and also the accessories fuse tray in the engine bay. Seamless.
    - Harness has protective sleeves for the engine bay wiring.
    - Good points to mount the relay and connect the earth to the body.
    - Lots of cable ties

Downsides were:
    - There are no Fortuner specific instructions so I needed to use the Hilux ones which weren't quite the same when it came to interior trim removal. Not a big deal.
    - The included switch was a bit crappy. Just a little round switch that they recommended cutting a hole in the steering column surround to mount. I bought a switch off eBay that fit into a spare switch spots
    - Harness doesn't have a dash light wire so I will need to find one to hook into the wire that my switch has.

Price was expensive (bit over $100) but I think it is worth it for plug and play.

All in all, despite the downsides, I would recommend it. It was much neater than the wiring job I did on my Nissan Patrol a few years ago.

Cheers

Alex

Shame about the crappy switch!

Comment

Hey Alex, I'm about to get my Fortuner delivered on Friday, need to save up for a bullbar looking at getting the Ironman Alloy Winch capable one, anyway do you have any pics of where you installed your spotlight switch?

Comment

Hi Alex, could you please post details of the eBay switch and a photo?

I'm after a couple of switches for cb power etc.

Cheers
        Jason.

Comment

• Tuna
          Tuna commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, have been away and not paying attention. The switch I used was the same as mrh460 posted. I'll take a photo but I'm pretty sure it is also in the same slot as mhr460 put it too.

I have used these switches, which fit well and look good (with blue lighting).
        NEW Toyota Hilux LIGHT SWITCH LED LIGHTBAR 2015-ON BLUE BACK LIT LED in Vehicle Parts & Accessories, Car, Truck Parts, Interior | eBay
        2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

• Silver Tuna
            Silver Tuna commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks mrh460

Alex,
          Did you use an LED illuminated dash switch instead of the crappy one that came with the Toyota harness ?
          And if you did, were there any issues ?
          I fitted a genuine Toyota harness to my GXL and used a Stedi branded LED switch which I gave up trying to get the LED's to light up on the switch as they should.

Comment

• Tuna
            Tuna commented
            Editing a comment
            The only issue I recall having was finding the power for the backlight. It took a while as I recall. Can't remember where I tapped in now as it was back in March that I installed.

Hi Alex, thanks for the link- like these switches reckon Ill get one of the for my spot lights..
          Also, curious to know where you got the Main and Aux battery indicator from?
          Thanks

Comment

• LongwoodTim
            LongwoodTim commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Michael....
            They make a blue Led version too
            http://www.solidkit.com.au/product/b...16-hilux-copy/
            Cheers, Tim

• mrh460
            mrh460 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Tim.
            The blue version is new. They didn't have it when I got mine.
            Michael.
            Last edited by mrh460; 30-08-2016, 05:50 AM.

• Tuna
            Tuna commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, thats mrh with the batt indicator.

Mine is a blue lit one that I bought back in late Feb from the same guys as mrh did.

I'm pretty happy with the switch and wouldn't hesitate to buy similar next time I fit something.
            Last edited by Tuna; 31-08-2016, 08:02 PM.

Does anyone know the bulb wattage???? Id like to either change the bulb to bright white or up the wattage a little bit... It would save me time if someone already knows........

Comment

• Matt2016
            Matt2016 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just looked in the owners manual.... H16 size 19watt.

Hey Tuna,

Is there any chance on posting up the instructions please? I am trying to connect an LED bar and I am having trouble locating high beam supply near the Switch panel. Did you have to take off the steering wheel surround to plug the loom to the Stalk connector?

Comment

https://toyotamanuals.com.au/accessories

plug in PZQ5989080 and you may find what you are looking for

Comment

• MadamImAdam
              MadamImAdam commented
              Editing a comment
              I too am installing fog lights in my GX. The link is bad. Any idea where I can find Toyota wiring diagram?

Thanks Wiggy,

How does the leather trim above the steering wheel come off?

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
              https://toyotamanuals.com.au/accessories

plug in PZQ5989080 and you may find what you are looking for
              Damn, that's quite an operation!

It surprises me that with so many fuse/relay boxes, blank switch plates etc that its not just plug-and-play. Instead it looks like an afterthought, vampire tap on an existing wire? drilling a hole in the trim to put in a round switch? really?

Dave

Comment

You would think there would be a plug/s under the dash in a easily accessible spot to be able to connect onto for all the auxiliary items!!!I

Comment

Anyone done the connection to the headlights on a Crusade? I still have no idea how to remove the trim around the instrument panel.

Comment

Working...
                  X