Retractable mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retractable mirrors

Has anyone worked out if it's possible to have the mirrors automatically retract when you shut down the car?

I was thinking of this too, tried meddling around with the remote, but no luck 😲

Comment

I'm looking the same and found it.. but in thailand, there is Plug n Play module.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAcH2ex8pA4
      https://www.facebook.com/Po.Forty

Comment

Surely there must be a setting in the car's computer system to make the factory ones do this since there is already a switch to retract them. I'll hit up the dealer at my 1 month service

Comment

Originally posted by Psykamaholik View Post
          Surely there must be a setting in the car's computer system to make the factory ones do this since there is already a switch to retract them. I'll hit up the dealer at my 1 month service
          Any luck mate? This would be a handy feature...

Comment

If you're handy with wires and relays you can try this https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...de-mirror-fold

Comment

I ended up buying the Toyota Accessory kit from a Toyota parts guy located in Thailand. He advertises many genuine parts on Oz eBay, and ships quite quickly to Australia. There are both genuine parts kits and aftermarket kits listed on eBay at the moment. The Toyota part number for their kit is PC642_0K001 (RH drive) and PC642_0K002 (LH drive). Is marketed as applicable to Hilux Revo, but Fortuner is the same. Works a treat...

Comment

Originally posted by PenangSRZ View Post
                I ended up buying the Toyota Accessory kit from a Toyota parts guy located in Thailand. He advertises many genuine parts on Oz eBay, and ships quite quickly to Australia. There are both genuine parts kits and aftermarket kits listed on eBay at the moment. The Toyota part number for their kit is PC642_0K001 (RH drive) and PC642_0K002 (LH drive). Is marketed as applicable to Hilux Revo, but Fortuner is the same. Works a treat...
                Was this an easy install? Plug and Play?

Just a matter of taking the door skins off and unplugging a few things?

Comment

Almost plug 'n play, but not quite. Only need to remove the driver side door trim. The accessory wiring harness just plugs into the existing connectors under the Master Power Window switch, but there are three wires that need to be run back though to the junction block under the driver side kick panel and to the back of the instrument cluster. Fairly easy really - just need a double-jointed wrist inside the door (very tight in there ). The instruction sheet that comes with the kit does show all required information via pictograms. The only issue I found was that one of the two signal wires that tap into the junction block didn't quite match my car's wiring - the instructions supplied are for a car with single-locking door actuators fitted, whereas my car has double-locking (deadlock) door lock actuators, so one wire I needed to tap into was actually in a different connector located in the same junction block. Not a biggy once I found and compared circuit diagrams for the two different lock installations.

I believe (hope I'm correct here) that Fortuners in Oz also have double-locking actuators installed. To find out if this is the case, lock your door by pressing the button on the drivers door handle, then press again within 3 seconds - if you hear a second click/clunk from the door locks, then you have double-locking.

Comment

Working...
                  X