Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN bus related information

Hi all,
    starting a new thread on all info CAN related.
    There is so much good info on here and users with a wealth of knowledge and experience that can help us all learn.

I am fairly adept with the hardwire, DTC and physical testing of things but the software and programming is way out of my league.
    So asking for people to share their experiences or knowledge on anything MID/PID, DTC, software /programming, scantools, CAN bus hardware, decoding, reverse engineering or anything else relevant.

Even tagging / links to other useful information in this forum would help. (I haven’t learnt how to do this yet).

Cheers, Spook

I’ll start off with something I put together using a Pico scope with the decoding function on. Also a bit on the OBDII connector
    https://youtu.be/bYiHT0_0jTk
    Last edited by Spook1205; 17-01-2018, 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed spelling on vid, new link

Comment

well done mate , you did not spell Fortuner properly though lol.
      So why are both Can High and Can Low used ? do they error check each other ? will the systems still run if one is disconnected or faulty?
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        Two wires are used for a couple of reasons, main one is because the signal is an outcome from the difference of both voltages. Being twisted together also helps in protecting from external influence EMF.
        That’s my take on it.

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        If one has an issue it can still run but will log several DTC for various random things like steering angle and ABS. Will also log a DTC for network.

Ahhh! I’ll have to fix that😕

Comment

Fixed, new upload and changed link.

Comment

Although I know nothing about mechanics or computers, anything on this Forum that helps people like me understand the car better has gotta be good.

Comment

Learning community charter faculty is a super weblog for the readers. We could make the innovative thoughts via this blog and it is a excellent plan to apprehend bob honey who just do stuff ideology which is wanted to apprehend for all of the reader. This is a high-quality and green information.

Comment

CAN bus related information is here, This topic is shown through the side of author. He not clarify us the expect my assignments help meaning of this whole giving blog. If he describe this whole blog meaning then it's mean that we can easily take it for us.

Comment

Working...
              X