Light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light bar

Picked up a light bar off e(vil)Bay, 24" spot beam single row only to find it's not a great fit with a bit of overhang of the brackets and barely a few mm clearance from the front grill.

Has anyone encountered similar problems with mounting a light bar? also if anyone has a winch installed on a steel bar could they post a few pics to see if the light will be in the way when I eventually do install a winch?

Definitely looks the part though!

I had to grind a few mm off my light bar fins o that it cleared the toyota badge. Different light bars have different brackets, i wouldnt be too worried about overhang, as long as it is secure thats all that matters

Comment

You haven`t had any overheating issues with the light after grinding a bi off the heatsink?

Comment

Nope, it was only 2 fins, shaved a couple of mm off them and only for the length of the badge. If i was taking a huge chunk out then there might be heat issues but that small area isnt an issue

Comment

The winch is mounted low behind the number plate so there shouldn't be any interference with the light bar.

Comment

Would there be any interference if I put the light bar in behind the mesh section of the bar? May require some custom brackets but would slow down anyone trying to pinch the light bar too

Comment

I pulled the mesh out and put the light bar in that space. I bolted it to the bar above where there were some handy slots.

I ended up making some simple brackets out of 4mm stainless bar so I could get it roughly in the middle of the gap.

I'm thinking of getting a second light bar for the top of the bar. the one I have is a spread beam. I want to get one with more of a spot bias.

I'm not sure how this will all fit with a winch yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't quite fit.

Comment

Good thinking mounting it up that way! I`ll have a closer look at it in the next week when I finally get some days off.

Comment

Working...
                X