Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DPF perform a burn in either 4h or 4L

Hey all.
    More for the tech / mechanical gurus out there, but does anyone know if, or have experienced a DPF burn happening when you're in 4WD mode, either 4H or 4L ?

This I would love to know👍

Comment

Certainly does burns in both in my experience.

Comment

As above, I have experienced a burn in both 4H and 4L.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

Comment

Ditto. Burns definitely happen in 4wd. Having said that, I've had burns stop and start many times when 4wding. This is because you are often driving very slowly, sometimes only idling for long periods, or doing long down hill runs without injecting much fuel, so the conditions are just not right for a burn and it will stop, only to start up again later when the conditions are right. It's nice to have the option of a manual burn too (via sg2 or obd2 dongle) when the DPF % is high and you know a driving burn won't happen effectively, or you are worried about dry grass etc. Just do a manual burn before you set off! Make sure the car is warmed up first though (best done by driving around).

Dave

Comment

I really like the idea of the manual burn option on the Scanguage2, as well as the fact fault codes can be cleared. Just got to wrap my head around the SG2, which will slot in place over time.

Comment

That is good to know
                what DaceC put down makes perfect sense🙂 and is why I experienced a very high revved idle regen after coming off Fraser Island and spending lots of time on inland tracks in 2016. At that time I had no sc2 to monitor it

Comment

Working...
                X