Dpf Emulator wiring harness ideas/tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf Emulator wiring harness ideas/tips

Hey all just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to making a harness for the dpf Emulator I can buy the emulator for $175 from the bay!!

doesnt it come with wiring instructions? Click image for larger version

Name:	DPF delete module .jpg
Views:	261
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	11743
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Ryanme123
      Ryanme123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeh it does looking at buying the appropriate connectors to make into a loom

Your air / fuel ratio sensor won’t like it. Remove the DPF unit and you remove the 2way cat. Car will learn and adjust from missing cat.
    Also when it goes into burn mode due to accumulation % being more based on an algorithm rather than DPF pressure sensor you still have a heck of a lot post injection phases which dump in fuel.

I originally thought this was the way to go until read posts up on here by a member who fitted it. Then when I used a scantool and pico scope on vehicle under regen it was obvious it’s still going to dump extra fuel.

Just some info to take into consideration
    cheers, Spook

Comment

Originally posted by Spook1205 View Post
      Your air / fuel ratio sensor won’t like it. Remove the DPF unit and you remove the 2way cat. Car will learn and adjust from missing cat.
      Also when it goes into burn mode due to accumulation % being more based on an algorithm rather than DPF pressure sensor you still have a heck of a lot post injection phases which dump in fuel.

I originally thought this was the way to go until read posts up on here by a member who fitted it. Then when I used a scantool and pico scope on vehicle under regen it was obvious it’s still going to dump extra fuel.

Just some info to take into consideration
      cheers, Spook

I did read the old post bud.. so they still function? I just wanna get rid of it without spending a ton on what could be a dud tune and the turbos not the toughest so I've heard! If I reset ecu regularly and cleaned the O2 sensor could I make something happen? I'm a noobie btw lol

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        They will do what they do I guess, it’s not the best option in my opinion. You could do that I and see what happens.
        If you have issues with DPF why not get the equipment to monitor and burn it if needed. Or try out the new ECU upgrade first.
        I think pulling it out for the sake of it is not the best for the car.
    Working...
    X