Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF replacment method

Hi Guys,

any one able to shed shed some light on what is removed to replace the DPF ?

Had ours done 2 weeks ago ( prado ) and now the transmission is stuffed got under and had a look and it is fluid leaking from the top or drives side of the box, hard to trace origin but looks like it could be the hard drawn cooling line connections

Basically it requires removal of exhaust manifold, the EGR pipe nuts are a real b&$tch.

Comment

havent done the job myself , but because of the heat in that area during a burn i can imagine some heat related component failures down the track. Snow , did all your fluid come out which is why the trans is buggered ? I couldnt imagine the trans lines being removed to replace a DPF.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Trans Cooling lines run in the DPF general area.

Well they have had a look and now think the factory trans cooler has failed, coolant in the trans and trans fluid in the radiator

hopfully get more info tomorrow

any one know what setup the factory coolers are ?
        I'm guessing it's a sealed coil that's in the radiator
        Last edited by Snowhite; 23-10-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

the trans cooler is the only place where the 2 fluids can mix , let us know how it goes hopefully its a warranty job
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

I found i schematic not much info around
            looks like a enclosed cylinder in the bottom Rad tank, not a coil, can't see how it would not be a warranty job

very odd and unlucky for us, 5 weeks min for parts x Japan
            New box, converter, rad, hoses and engine flush ect

i guess we can bank on not having it back until Xmas.......
            if we're lucky

new cars ay........

Comment

that bites mate ,let us know how it goes.
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

I'm surprised by these reports where parts take weeks to arrive from Japan. Not what I expect from Toyota with some of the most popular cars on the road (Hilux, Prado). What gives? Don't Toyota pride themselves on their so-called service network?? You expect this of low-volume European cars, not Toyotas!

Comment

Considering these parts are shared on 3 of the best selling models in our market... yes I do.

Very poor really. We had just cancelled a 4wding trip as they advised against it, 20 weeks later ( new DPF ) and now we will be out of action for who knows how long

if the parts were in stock I can't see it being more than a week of work tops even for a dealer

We have owned 4 Toyotas all fairly hassle free they had some stuff that needed replacing ect. But they would be 1-2 days at most

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhite View Post
                    Hi Guys,

any one able to shed shed some light on what is removed to replace the DPF ?

Had ours done 2 weeks ago ( prado ) and now the transmission is stuffed got under and had a look and it is fluid leaking from the top or drives side of the box, hard to trace origin but looks like it could be the hard drawn cooling line connections
                    This is how to change dpf with single hand video.
                    https://youtu.be/ub2FS87VaO0

Comment

Well it looks dead easy, apart from the fact that we didn't see how easy or otherwise it was to loosen the bolts. I am surprised we didn't see someone knock a large metal bar through it to take the filter out!

Comment

Seem like it would be a half day job,

from a reports including ours it's a 2 day job for the dealer to Change

Comment

Working...
                        X