Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Economy

Hi all,

We are in the process of looking at a Fortuner and one of the big factors for us is the fuel economy of the vehicle - IN THE REAL WORLD!

Was wondering if it would be worthwhile making a sticky thread where people can put in their fuel usage with details so that those looking for this information can find it easily, but also a good place for forum members to be able to record and compare theirs.
    Things that you might like to note would be if towing, what type of driving (highway/traffic), any aftermarket mods that may affect etc.

Thanks

BJ

I now have 12k kms on a GX manual and have kept pretty good records. With a lot of highway driving, a lot with only the driver, I am getting 8.4 as the average over those kms. Best 8.2 and worst 8.7 on full tanks. I have a steel bullbar, tow pack and cargo barrier fitted but otherwise standard. Couldn't be happier with the fuel economy.

Comment

You would have to be happy with figures like that!

BJ

Comment

Are those figures taken off the dash readout or from a combination of odometer and fuel bowser. The dash readout is very inaccurate. cheers.
        There is another thread on fuel economy already. Perhaps the moderator could combine them to make it easier please.
        Last edited by davidd; 04-05-2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

A Combination DavidD, but I also calculate kms per tank and litres at fill. I drive Syd to Canberra return each week in non-peak times. So many of the 12,000kms are pretty ideal for best economy conditions. My 3.2 Did Pajero (2002) used to regularly use a tad under 10l/100kms on the same commute

Comment

Originally posted by davidd View Post
            There is another thread on fuel economy already. Perhaps the moderator could combine them to make it easier please.
            Apologies - I have missed it - will go searching.

BJ.

Comment

Working...
            X