No announcement yet.

DPF Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put up photos of the new and old injector housings somewhere , i'll try and find them
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
      Spook1205 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah I didn’t see them!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Old injector housing , bottom view.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	20968 old housing
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	NEW injector housing , bottom view.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	20970 this is the new housing
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Update:
        Since DPF replaced.
        Towing 2.8 ton caravan, fuel consumption has dropped from 20L/100 to 16L/100 and power is improved.

Comment

I also received the letter from Toyota and I made a point of getting them to replace everything related to the upgrade to the DPF issue. You just have to be persistent.

Comment

My DPF isn't playing up but I'm toying with the idea of getting the upgraded DPF unit installed in my 2015 GX. Has anyone had it done & paid for it "outside of warranty issues" & if so, how much did it cost.

Comment

• Spook1205
              Spook1205 commented
              Editing a comment
              We have 10 years warranty, would be a shame for it to perform fine for 9.5 years then fail

Anthony I had it done out of warranty and it didn't cost a cent. I wouldn't pay a cent either. Toyota is covering all DPF issued including this upgrade to those who request it. I recommend you get it, I have noticed improved performance, lower fuel consumption, and haven't had an issue.

Comment

Thanks Bussa. Just one of those thoughts that pop into my balding fat head now & then. I usually keep cars over 10 yrs (had my patrol 16 yrs) so it worries me it'll go wrong after the magic 10 yrs extended warranty mark.

Can I ask if you had to argue for it, or they just said okay. Also, who was the dealer. I haven''t read the extended warranty letter in ages, but can't remember it saying they'd replace the DPF if you ask for it.

Comment

• Bussa
                Bussa commented
                Editing a comment
                It was hassle free. Wonthaggi Toyota in Victoria, they had the TSB. I asked for it, they went back to Toyota Aust who approved it within a matter of days and the parts were ordered. Even got a loan car whilst the work was completed.

All up for me Toyota have been fantastic with any issue relating to the DPF - and so they should be!

I hoping that in another 5 years DPF fixes will be commonplace like they are in Europe now. You can get them flushed out , replaced , recored , bypassed , the works. Still a major expense though.
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

A bit more detail here - Toyota HiLux DPF: What has been done to fix it | CarAdvice
                2016 GX , in White

Comment

Regarding DPF when I owned my 2015 tuner with 30000km Toyota replace two DPF units due to white smoke and power loss. With my 2018 tuner never had an issue with smoke or had to use the manual burn switch ( not sure if that even works. Pushed couple times nothing happened)

Comment

FYI. Just rang the dealer I got my 2015 GX from, asking if I could get the DPF replaced under the extended warranty program. The service department checked my car's service history, saying she could see I'd had previous concerns re my DPF. (When getting it serviced I'd ask them to check the DPF as I had white smoke plumes during DPF burns).

The receptionist said it can be replaced. I specifically asked if that was under warranty & no cost to me, & she said yes. The DPF gets replaced with the new one on 1 Feb.

Good result for me. I keep cars over 10yrs (unless I win lotto), & was worried the DPF may die after the 10yr extended warranty, costing $$$ down the track.

Comment

It's funny how dealer experiences are so different. My dealer offered to replace my DPF on the most recent service (no questions asked). I declined though as I have gone down a different route (my car is already tuned)

Comment

Many , many people report highly varied experiences with dealers , i dont know why some dealers say they havent even heard of a particular issue even though the bulletin is sitting on thier desk , and they have done the previous exact repairs . And others are 100% pro active on the same matters. All i can say is if its a known issue , like this one for example , dont give up....
                        2016 GX , in White

Comment

I don't understand why dealer would decline to do it since they get compensated but Toyota for the labour right? I guess it's either their workshops are super busy or they don't have qualified mechanic to do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X