No announcement yet.

DPF Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the labour paid by Toyota to the dealer is absolutely rock bottom rates. It's not the same rate you would be paying for any work.

Comment

If true, that's disappointing. Dealers sell cars, not build them.

Will repot back after the new DPF is put in on fuel consumption & if I detect a noticeable difference in anything else.

Comment

I followed the same path as Anthony and requested a DPF upgrade.
        Last week car went in for a service and check and the dealer has ordered the necessary parts for dpf upgrade.
        List of parts ordered:
        TO 0400993425 Converter Kit B. EXH Quantity 1
        TO 0400993625 Converter Kit B. Quantity 1
        TO 0400993725 Injector Holder Kit Quantity 1
        Was told this is the upgrade Kit for all other cars in the same category.
        Just wondering if these are the same part numbers as others who have had the DPF upgrade done.
        Gordon
        2015/16 GXL
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

My invoice also had;
          0400993525 injector DPF Prado Hilux -201
          2573311010 Pipe No. 1
          257340E010 Pipe No. 2

BTW, daily fuel use seems to be better 1½ -2 L/100 since the replacement DPF, & during DPF burns I've dropped from about 16 to 12 L/100.

Comment

Thanks Guys for replies was really helpful.
            I contacted Toyota Customer Service and found them on the ball.
            They got in touch with my dealership and the service manager got back to me .

Apparently the part numbers for the DPF upgrade kit have been condensed so a kit for my model contains 14 individual components but is listed with just four part numbers.
            Seems the guy who handled my service paperwork wasn't fully aware of all the facts.
            ​Car goes in tomorrow for upgrade. 19th.
            Will report how it works out.
            Fuel economy was exceptional ie. 7.5/8/9 ltrs/100
            Now 10/11/12/13 ltrs/ 100
            I don't tow.
            Gordon
            Silver GXL
            VIC.

Comment

First drive today after DPF upgrade.
              It's like driving a different car. Off the grid it is instant pickup and acceleration so much smoother and a feeling of more power and less raucous.
              Had a 15k. steady drive on the local freeway sitting on 90k/hr. and fuel consumption came down to 8.2lt/100.showing an average 7.9lt/100.
              Will check a full tank average filling up to neck of fuel tank.
              Part numbers shown on invoice
              TO0400993525 Converter Kit quantity 1
              TO0400993425 Coverter Kit B. EXH quantity 1
              TO0400993625 Converter Kit B. Quantity 1
              TO0400993725 Injector Holder Kit quantity 1.
              All 14 components for the full DPF upgrade are included in these four part numbers.
              Gordon

OH what a feeling!

Comment

Originally posted by wodens View Post
                First drive today after DPF upgrade.
                It's like driving a different car. Off the grid it is instant pickup and acceleration so much smoother and a feeling of more power and less raucous.
                Had a 15k. steady drive on the local freeway sitting on 90k/hr. and fuel consumption came down to 8.2lt/100.showing an average 7.9lt/100.
                Will check a full tank average filling up to neck of fuel tank.
                Part numbers shown on invoice
                TO0400993525 Converter Kit quantity 1
                TO0400993425 Coverter Kit B. EXH quantity 1
                TO0400993625 Converter Kit B. Quantity 1
                TO0400993725 Injector Holder Kit quantity 1.
                All 14 components for the full DPF upgrade are included in these four part numbers.
                Gordon

OH what a feeling!
                i think the different drive ability would most likely be due to an ECU reset...i believe the transmission or some other electronic gizmo has a learning ability (to some degree) and an ECU reset, resets any of the learning. Apparently you can just disconnect the battery for 10 mins or so to make the reset happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ih8ubarney View Post

i think the different drive ability would most likely be due to an ECU reset...i believe the transmission or some other electronic gizmo has a learning ability (to some degree) and an ECU reset, resets any of the learning. Apparently you can just disconnect the battery for 10 mins or so to make the reset happen.
                  It's actually a new ECU calibration. I have offered to read someone's ECU who has done the upgrade so I can dissect exactly what has changed.

Comment

• Ih8ubarney
                    Ih8ubarney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah tru, just assumed (bad idea) there wouldn't be any more ECU updates by now. My lux is an MY16 and my wife has a MY17 tuner and they both have had several updates.
                    Do you know if the ECU calibration version identifiable from techstream? like version 5.64 or something like that.

• dandin
                    dandin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can see it in Techstream.

The calibration files my car has had are as follows (there might have been more versions but I didn't have the hardware/software to read the ECUs prior to 2018)
                    89663-F0687 (sometimes called 3F068700)
                    89663-F0688 (sometimes called 3F068800 - you see the pattern here)

I believe the newest version is
                    89663-FAK90

But I haven't had the chance to confirm with someone who has had the latest DPF update.
                Working...
                X