Rumours about new 5th injector housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours about new 5th injector housing

there are rumuors on other forums about a new 5th injector housing release for the 1GD , has anybody else heard about it? supposedly at the same time a revised DPF is being fitted. If i hear anything else i'll report back
    2016 GX , in White

Not heard anything yet. But with the known DPF issues & associated legal class action, plus this engine is in the Fortuner, Hilux & Prado, & if the rumour is true, Toyota's hand may have been forced into do something now rather than later.

Comment

this whole issue has gone on for a while now ,but i suspect they may have needed the time to ensure the fix is right. Havent heard any more about the class action either , maybe that will be dropped if they can prove the issue is sorted properly
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

The last I heard from Banister Law (at least I think that is what they are called) was an update email which unfortunately I have since deleted saying that Toyota were given more time to provide extra information.
        I thought at the time don't hold your breath for that ever happening as they don't even tell their own dealers what is happening let alone publish it.
        I have not read anything on the Prado forum about the 5th injector either, so no news to report.
        Oddly enough I was watching a regen today and noticed some odd behaviour. Unusually for my car we had several very short trips that coincided with a burn. Today as soon as the engine reached operating temperature as the burn had stopped a couple of times previously a new burn began. 5h injector was active and the temperatures were raised as usual. Shortly after this we reached our destination where my wife had to drop something in at a friend's house, so I left the car running and watch torque pro on the head unit. Usually when stationary the idle revs go to 1200, (manual) they didn't and continued to be low. Exhaust temp 1 was low but 2&3 were high and the soot % appeared to still be lowering. On driving away again the % went up then down again eventually eventually to 6% when things reverted to normal.
        This has made me wonder if it was a glitch of the software, as far as I know the only cause that has been investigated is hardware like the 5th injector blocked with carbon, could it be software playing up and not completing a regen properly?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnLynn View Post
          This has made me wonder if it was a glitch of the software, as far as I know the only cause that has been investigated is hardware like the 5th injector blocked with carbon, could it be software playing up and not completing a regen properly?
          dont know ,it could be one of the pressure sensors not reading properly as well. On my previous Tuna it was doing all sorts of strange things beforehand , like burn temps of 730deg , soot loads of 150% , continual burns etc , you name it. Yet to drive the car was normal. When i took it in for a smoke issue they did a DPF study and determined that the core was melted ,and this was after every update had been completed.

2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
          X