Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiccup or missfire

Hi Guys,

Twice now in the last 2000km (vehicle has 8000km on it) I have had a hiccup when accellerating away. It is fine for the first 2 secs then it hiccups then is fine. Feels electrical shutting down all the injectors. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
    Cheers Dave
    2015 GX Auto

some have reported failed injectors , not many though. most likely just one injector shutting down ,not all of them. the dealer can pull the fault codes and diagnose quite easily
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by White One View Post
      some have reported failed injectors , not many though. most likely just one injector shutting down ,not all of them. the dealer can pull the fault codes and diagnose quite easily
      Thanks, I was going to have them pull the codes next service but it is all injectors cutting out and a total loss of power when it does it. Just seeing if anyone else has the problem.
      Cheers Dave
      2015 GX Auto

Comment

total loss of power would be nasty. maybe check over all the engine electrical connectors you can see , and look at the earth connections , maybe one is loose. The engine ECU is behind the glovebox so check all those as well.
        do you notice any other lights on the dash when power fails ? I know that if the traction control is activated engine power is reduced , but that should bring up a light i think.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

I've 26000 on my GX's clock & touch wood, no such problems yet.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, no dash lights or any other indication of a problem. Going in for a service tomorrow so I'll have them scan for deep codes.
            Cheers Dave
            2015 GX Auto

Comment

• thehunteroz
              thehunteroz commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Tourboy, i had a similar problem with my FG XR6 Falcon, despite being petrol, get them to check the battery hasn't got a faulty cell in it, when I had the issue with my XR6 it wasn't kicking over properly and causing the A/C to lock up as well as during acceleration it would seem like a loss of power, it took the guys at the dealership a while to pin down the issue but they finally swapped the battery and all was good, (after they cleaned, then replaced injectors, checked for earthing etc.)

No codes were found, but I didn't think there would be as nothing came up on the dash. I pointed out that the exhaust pipe was black and it shouldn't be with a DPF. They did a forced regen and put the injectors into learning mode so I'll see how that goes after I clean out the tail pipe. The front right brake sticks and goes clunk after parking when you drive off but they couldn't replicate that. It did it as soon as I reversed out of the parking spot at the dealer. Wish I'd kept my cruiser I hate this thing.
            Cheers Dave
            2015 GX Auto

Comment

Try turning the airconditioning off and see if it happens again.

If there was an injector failure, the ECU will throw and engine light. If there was a problem with air/fuel mixture, the O2 sensor will pick it up and the ECU will throw an engine light. IF there was a problem with fuel pressure, the ECU will throw an engine light. If there was a failure with any component of any modern low emission diesel engine, the ECU will throw a fault code. Nearly all manufacturers bar the chinese car manufacturers will throw an emissions related code under the OBD2 compliance.

There are Toyota Specific fault codes though, they are startability codes, Car Security Codes and Manufacturer Specific Codes. Only a Toyota Tech Stream can pull these codes/clear these codes. It can't be read by your OBD2 scantool but it can be read by the HKS-OBD LINK APP using an HKS OBD Logger and HKS OB Bridge APP.

We've learned a few things fiddling with Toyota ECU's over the years...
              Last edited by cheekydonkey; 10-12-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X