Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty exhaust pipe

Hi All,

With the DPF equipped vehicles, the exhaust pipe should be clean as the day it was made.
    When I took mine in for the 10k service I showed them that it was black and sooty. They did a forced DPF regen (which seems to religiously do it itself at around 260km of hwy driving) and also did a "re-learn" of the injectors.
    Has anyone else got a filthy pipe?
    I have noticed that with the window down when cold I can hear what sounds like an injector out of spec although they said all was OK when they plugged it in to check.
    Cheers Dave
    2015 GX Auto

hey dave, i've noticed some soot on mine as well, and i religiously use BP ultimate diesel since i've had had mine

Comment

Originally posted by thehunteroz View Post
      hey dave, i've noticed some soot on mine as well, and i religiously use BP ultimate diesel since i've had had mine
      Yeah, that's all I've used in it as well. My Isuzu truck after 112,000km still has a shiny exhaust, like new.
      Cheers Dave
      2015 GX Auto

Comment

You know when they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words... I'll take a pic of mine shortly so we can all compare

Comment

Mine has 24k on the clock and has a light soot coating on the pipe, just enough that I can wipe my finger on it and get a pale dark mark on my finger that has no body or depth to it and disappears as soon as I wipe my finger on the palm of my hand . leaving no trace of any colour on my hands at all. Almost a zero deposit Cheers.

Comment

Mine leaves a black stain on the finger and 80% won't wipe off, just like an old school diesel from the 1980's. The truck wouldn't even leave a mark on a white glove.
            Cheers Dave
            2015 GX Auto

Comment

only 2500 klm on mine , driving lightly in a regional area - very light pale grey soot coating .
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

Mate talking about BP Ultimate only just starting using, second tank of fuel. The other night driving home leaving the traffic light notice cloud of smoke that continued for about 20 meters them was fine. Was worried the turbo oil seal was blown was a bit embarrassing for a new car. Not sure if this is common?

Comment

I should mention mines not a heavy coat of soot, Lozza Might have been the DPF burn off in progress?
                  In theory it still has to get rid of the burnt off gas etc,
                  And if it does have anything wrong then it's covered under factory warranty.
                  My SZ Diesel Territory used to blow smoke like a steam train then i put the 3" turbo back exhaust system on it, and it seemed better (that being said it didn't have a DPF, and i'd consistently get 820KM from a tank and I drove it like a cop car :-p).

Comment

Working...
                  X