Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried?

Greetings guys and gals. I came across this failure when playing with the OBD toggle. Does anyone know if this needs to be checked by the dealer? It's a 2017 model with 1,000kms on the clock.

Attached Files

so54i88 I'd get it to your dealer, No idea what that module is that being said I do recall there being an issue with the airflow sensor which would could be consistent with the KPA reading it reads air pressures. dandin any ideas bud?

Comment

Thanks thehunteroz! I took the car to the dealer who will do a full diagnostic when I go in to have the steering shaft boot replaced in a few days. I will report back.

Comment

• thehunteroz
        thehunteroz commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem mate.

You have a OBDLink reader? I have used the OBDLink app and mine gives the same error for all my cars. I wouldn't worry about it, I believe it's some emissions crap for North American cars (ie Smog testing)

Comment

I have the same error too but no fault codes through obd. I don't think techstream reported any errors either. car still runs normal.

Comment

Does this app give readouts for fuel system and injector compensation readouts?

Comment

Got a full scan at the dealership. No fault codes. Still not sure what $B9 failure is but as other suggested this doesn't seem to show up on Toyota's system.

Comment

Originally posted by davidd View Post
              Does this app give readouts for fuel system and injector compensation readouts?
              I'm not sure sorry. Maybe google OBDlink app?

Comment

The airmass sensor has two readings
                One is just air temp which gives a voltage output the other is the airmass which is a frequency signal (Fortuna has this) that ranges from about 2k up to about 8k + hertz under full load. Airmass (MAF) used in Fortuna isn't a measure of Kpa that is found in a MAP sensor. Although a MAP and MAF sensor can either have an output signal for engine load in variable voltage or frequency. Its just derived from a different means one being airflow the other air pressure.
                hope this helps for general knowledge guys.
                cheers, Spook.

Comment

Working...
                X