Spook1205 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome find!
      Pics are great.
      They should of released this in all vehicles from new

• dandin
      dandin commented
      Editing a comment
      Fluke find. I was trying to find the Toyota 1GD info website. I typed the following keywords into google.com.au "1gd ftv dpf info" and it was second item in the result list.

I think Toyota Australia setup an AWS S3 bucket to upload a bunch of stuff and left that open to the public... I'll try to see if there's anything else useful in that S3 bucket.

• Nice find!

BTW, I've had the latest update and asked Toyota to enable "custom mode", and yet I still do not get the in-progress indicator as described in that document (and in the service campaign mailout). I have a 2015 GX, perhaps the custom mode only applies to these June 2018+ models?? Does the indicator work for anyone else?

Dave

PS. It's nice that this 'custom' mode now also permits people with a button to do a burn without it already being overfull, and they acknowledge its utility when driving offroad in grass etc. Pity they didnt do all this from the start

Comment

• dandin
      dandin commented
      Editing a comment
      Werribee Toyota tried to enable custom mode on my 2016 GX and failed. Told me they couldn't do it. When my car goes in for the timing chain replacement I will ask again.

I don't particularly mind if I have it or not since I have Torque available on my head unit but it's nice to know its there.

• DaveC
      DaveC commented
      Editing a comment
      Well at least they're honest
      I also have a scanguage which I use to monitor DPF, so no biggie. Just puzzled why it doesn't work as described.

• dandin
      dandin commented
      Editing a comment
      You call it honest, I'd call it something else :P

• Hi Team

'15 Crusade and Custom Mode was enabled successfully. Stays on message screen until burn complete. Took them two attempts to enable it.

Comment

• Bushwalker8
      Bushwalker8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you now able to initiate a manual burn at less than 156%?

• Bushwalker8 I didn't have a manual burn button installed. I have had one DPF replaced, the latest round of software updates and custom DPF Mode enabled. It burns now every 250km (ish).

Comment

Working...
    X