Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which OBTD2 dongle and software for Android ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which OBTD2 dongle and software for Android ?

Hi All,
    Looking to get a OBTD2 dongle and software to have a play with on my 2016 GXL.
    Is there a particular bluetooth dongle I should be using and what software app would be the best choice to use on a Samsung Galaxy tablet ?

Is there anything you particularly want from the OBD2 data?

Comment

My boss who is a very switched on mechanic uses this one for Android and is happy with it. Cost about $100 or so.

Comment

Been able to reset fault codes and perhaps a manual DPF regen.
        Torque Pro seems to be an app I see blokes using quite a bit, is that one that does most things the average punter like me would be looking for ?

Comment

• Spook1205
          Spook1205 commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be mate.
          I use a scangauge2 because I don’t have Android and I like the LCD display permanently in car. You can do forced regens (I have not done this with scangauge2 or have never needed to on the Fortuna) clear codes and monitor vitals like DPF%, EGT2 and trans temp.

I just have a cheapo dongle which seems to work in torque pro (as posted here: https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...=2395#post2395).
        Though these days I use a scanguage2 which is more convenient for continual monitoring.

Dave

Comment

Got myself a green OBD2 blueteeth dongle and Torque Pro to have a play around with.
          So far I've got it to display auto trans temps, coolant temp, DPF blocked % and do a manual DPF burn, is there anything else clever I can get it to do ?

Comment

MAP / boost pressure is always cool

just remember that MAP is just the name of the sensor and doesn’t read absolute manifold pressure in a diesel. They got that name from reading vacuum in a petrol engine

I have found boost pressure will vary due to ambient temp by up to 2psi on full boost.

Comment

Anyone worked out how to display tank fuel level ?

Comment

I'll try to find the PID. I have the fuel tank level but it's next to useless because as you drive the fuel sloshes about and the number goes up and down

Comment

dandin, it was actually a screenshot of your dash that led me to think it could be displayed.
                  While I'm here, I'll ask what's the difference between volt reading on the "adapter" and "control module". I've got both and there's about 0.5V difference between them ?
                  And also what is the DPF pressure reading ? 32,000 PSI seems a rather odd figure !

Comment

Sorry, forgot to reply to this sooner.

PID for fuel level is 2129. Formula is A/2 to get it into Litres.

DPF pressure on those screenshots is incorrect. I actually still haven't been able to find it. I'm just using DPF Ratio now.

Volt reading from the adaptor is just that, what the ODB2 unit is seeing. Volt reading from control module is what the ECU is reporting / receiving from the battery
                    Last edited by dandin; 25-12-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that dandin !
                      I take it the DPF ratio you're referring to is the DPF % full reading ?

Comment

Again, sorry for the late reply. Yes, I was referring to the DPF %.

Also, since you asked earlier, here's a post I made about DPF Pressure reading - https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...0-dpf-pressure

Comment

Working...
                        X