No announcement yet.

5th injector clean tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So just got the car back to day, job sheet mentions "DPF and 5th injector housing replaced as per toyota requirement", also few lines with "gasket exhaust and pip", not sure what they've done with those.

Comment

Also just had the Fortuner in at Toyota for 60km service. 5th injector and housing was "ultrasonically cleaned" and a new gasket installed. The machine apparently being sent from Toyota Japan and only reached dealers this month.

Further, dealer stated all fixes to date for the DPF issue are not permanent solutions. Apparently this is being worked on in Toyota Japan and will be implemented free of charge when finalised. Australia is in a pattern of update ECU and clean, with parts replaced if required, until a permanent solution is found. Was also told it took years for Toyota Australia to convince Toyota Japan there was a systemic design flaw in the DPF system.

You also may want to look at the DPF info page which was just put up on Toyota Australia website concerning the issue and class action...

Comment

• variable
        variable commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you been told how much longer they will find the permanent solution?

• Bussa
        Bussa commented
        Editing a comment
        variable no. However given there is a class action they would I suspect be working to implement as fast as possible.

Good to see they are cleaning them as part of a service now

Comment

I wonder how good an ultrasonic clean really is though? Ultrasonic works best if the item is immersed in liquid to my knowledge.

will the injector come out by itself without removing the housing?
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

The issue isn’t the actual injector itself, it’s the hole in the housing that carbons over.
          the ultrasonic cleaner is just probably the safest way to get it really clean. Avoids manually cleaning with hydrocarbon style chemicals.

Comment

i havent removed the 5th housing myself , but would a fix be as simple as drilling that hole out larger?
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

From what I have seen I believe it would just carbon up

Comment

Very helpful video, thanks

Comment

Working...
                X