Clear All

• Techstream engine data

Screenshots from Toyota scantool
    done at idle

Under forced regen

Comment

Under heavy load

Comment

Wish I had the PIDs for some of that data :-)

Thanks for the post. I should get off my ass and install Techstream, Some of the N80 Hilux guys have done it using various guides on the web.

Comment

• Spook1205
          Spook1205 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe techstream has been hacked / pirated pretty hard. If you find something that works well I am sure others would like to know.
          Commercially it’s expensive and yearly updates is $$$$$

• davidd
          davidd commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't mind one. I assume the prado, hilux and fortuner would all use the same programme if we can find one??
          Last edited by davidd; 05-03-2018, 03:53 PM.

Luke don't know if this is supposed to go in this thread or not, but here goes. I have 3 readouts for the accelerator I think they are Accel pos D %, Accel pos E % and Throttle cmd %. Pos D was always 16.1 %. Pos E 32% and Throttle cmd was 16% when hooked up at idle.
        Suddenly Throttle cmd has altered to constantly fluctuating between 11 and 16 % mostly between 12 and 14, sometimes lifting to 16% for a short time.
        Firstly mate can you explain these readouts, where do I find whatever affects the Throttle command, and can it be fixed easily?
        Cheers.

Comment

• Spook1205
          Spook1205 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking at the techstream pics I have and cross reference to what you put up I can only explain the following

Accel pos D and E are accerlerator position sensors 1 & 2 (accelerator pedals like electronic throttles always have two sensors to cross reference and to check against, it’s a safety feature)
          D @16% and [email protected] 32% = throttle (acc pedal) position 0.00 (no foot on the throttle/acc pedal)

Throttle CMD = the electrical duty cycle input for throttle control.
          Duty cycle is a % of time ON /OFF in a given time period. More on = more do something.

Now the throttle on this has no relation to acceleration like a petrol engine (this is done by how much diesel injected in)

So if your Throttle duty cycle is changing its moving the electronic throttle plate most likely to balance out intake with EGR input.

The engine ECU will control this.

I doubt anything is broken to need fixing seeing you haven’t given any other symptoms or issues. Throttle is just doing it’s thing.
          hope this helps mate.
          Last edited by Spook1205; 06-04-2018, 07:11 PM.

Two pics of the electronic throttle that will be controlled by ECU. This is used for a quiet shut down, intake noise, balance intake and EGR plus to create a restriction in the intake when in regen mode for DPF burn off.

Comment

last night it was fluctuating between 10 and 20, almost as if it was loose and flapping about. could this mean , if it continues to get worse, a faulty intake control? May have a look at it when I get time. Car still runs o.k. it seems. These throttle bodies were notorious failures in the early jeep diesels. Thanks.

Comment

• Spook1205
            Spook1205 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fluctuations between 10 and 20 are control output from ecu so it’s not like a position sensor. The throttle plate has actually a bit of tension on it so it’s not like it moves easily.
            I think it’s doing what it’s meany to be doing mate

• Spook1205
            Spook1205 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Davidd
            Just to confirm the fluctuation of between 10 and 20 on motor Duty was showing this today on my car. So ide say it’s normal operation.
            I bit the bullet and after getting a cracking deal I got my own pro grade scantool. Good thing is it shows all the same live data that the full pro version techstream does.

If anyone wants any cross referencing to their data just yell out on here.
          cheers, Luke

Comment

Luke , if you get time can you have a look through that scantool and see if there is an option to boost alternator voltage or remove EGR without remapping?
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
              Spook1205 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi mate, yes these things can be changed but unfortunately only in a special functions test. It doesn’t stay that way just making it move from pid commands for testing.
              There is a cool toy called a Cardaq-Plus 2 from Drew technologies which is a Pass through device.
              when you have access to manufacturers firmware you are able to flash and code the OEM firmware.
              Hopefully Toyota will release this in Australia one day.
          Working...
          X