Fog lights on a GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lights on a GX

I had my dealership fit genuine fog lights into the steel bullbar, and they had trouble with the wiring. The plan was to replace the light stalk with one which had the fog light switch, but when they tried they said the wiring harnesses were different.

So now I will have to get my auto electrician to complete the wiring, and install a switch in one of the spare spots.

Not really a big deal, but still very strange to me.

Any similar experiences?

Michael.
    Last edited by mrh460; 28-05-2016, 08:39 AM.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Hi; I asked my Toyota dealer to fit Fog lights to my GX bull bar. They want over $3000 to install. $550 ea light, + clips for the bar, + "a new wiring loom" + a new blinker indicator stalk – as this is where the controller unit is for the fog lights. Apparently the bull bar for the GXL & Crusade is a PREMIUM bar, & has the facility for the fog lights. My advice, source a pair of lights from a later model Prado (which I think will fit into the space in the GX b-bar) & have them wired up to the park lights (making it legal) & then to an independent switch on the dash.

Comment

The dealer supplied the genuine fog lights for me and fitted them into the steel bullbar.

I then had my auto electrician wire them up for me, using a switch which has blue backlighting.
      NEW Toyota Hilux FOG LIGHT SWITCH Factory Fitting design 2015-ON BLUE LED LIT in Vehicle Parts & Accessories, Car, Truck Parts, Interior | eBay
      2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Michael, can I ask which dealer / State, & how much they charged for the fog lights & fitting to the bar?

Comment

Anthony - Penrith Toyota (NSW) charged $600 to supply the fog lights and fit them to the steel bar.

The wiring up (done by my auto electrician) was pretty straight forward, as long as you don't mind having a separate switch rather than a replacement light stalk.

Comment

Working...
          X