Doors - Anyone else have an issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doors - Anyone else have an issue?

Ive had an issue with the front passenger door since just after purchase. You can hear the door strap rubbing when opening and closing the door. On the 10,000k service i brought it up and they ordered a new strap.

Today they installed a new strap and it is making the same noise. The dealer said that the original one had definite signs of rubbing and wear. The issue is being sent up toyota to see if if is a one off issue or if others have experienced the same.

So i figured ill ask around and see if anyone else has noticed a door being noisy to open/close.

Thanks
    James

I havnt noticed anything like that. We have over 5k on our Crusade and nothing like that.......

Comment

I have a Crusade which has just ticked over 7.5k that has had wind noise coming from the drivers door since I bought it.
      i have spoken to the dealership early on and told them it can wait until the 10K service.
      i assume the door needs some 'adjustment' (I used to work at Holdens many years ago and we used to adust the door frame by smacking it with a rubber mallet with the window wound down.)
      i only get the noise at highway speeds.

cheers,

Ralf..

Comment

Update:
        Got my car back from its 10K service and they said that they didn't notice the wind noise.
        Maybe I just have to get used to this car?
        Will see how it goes.

Comment

I have wind noise in the drivers door at highway speed on my GXL

Comment

Update on my door strap. Toyota Australia isnt aware of any issues with the straps. So now my car is booked in this week to have the door stripped down to see what the issue is.

Comment

Originally posted by deeman111 View Post
              Update on my door strap. Toyota Australia isnt aware of any issues with the straps. So now my car is booked in this week to have the door stripped down to see what the issue is.
              Any issues?

Comment

No one else has the same issue. In the end they stripped the door and found the passenger mounting point to be over 5mm different than the drivers side. Tried to blame me saying i let the door swing in the wind and it bent it.

I had a nice discussion saying how the issue was brought up before the 1000km service, and i havent let the door swing like that. Also the whole point of that strap is to catch the door if it swings, so if its bent then its a design fault.

Long story short, they bent it back in to shape and now its good as gold!

Comment

Hi there, I have had the same issue with the passenger door strap. It started making a scraping sound soon after buying it. I've now taken it back 4 times, they keep "fixing" it. I have been told it's caused by me opening the door too wide or by the wind.
                  This is the second new strap, I was charged for the second one.
                  i will be booking my car in again this week to have it fixed.
                  I did ask them last week if they had checked all the door brackets were fixed on correctly. I will be revisiting that question this week.
                  i shall update this site again after the next visit.
                  cheers and thank you for your original post.

Comment

Working...
                  X